Honda Odyssey Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
HI all, I have read through some of the cruise control issue threads but I did not meet my symptoms, so I thought I would start a new one.

On my 2004 Odyssey Symptoms as follows:
1) I can set the cruise switch on (and green light is on)
2) I click the Set Button on the steering wheel.
3) The Dashboad Light for cruise = On comes on....(the little tach)
so far so good, but the doom starts:
4) That familiar feeling of gas pedal slightly depressing and firming up - NOPE
5) With no pedal, speed drops. After about 5 seconds, dash light turns off.

Anyone else had this issue? We noticed it after we had taken the van in for brakes, but when I asked the repair person (who I trust) said there is nothing he touches that has to do with the Cruise.

I read on the other threads about purchasing and replacing a brake switch. Anyone has the "technical name" for it and perhaps a part number? I would not mind investing $20 to see if perhaps that is the culprit.
We did drive the car around and verified visually that brake lights do not stay on.

So, apologies if I missed something obvious while looking through the other threads, and thanks in advance for the help. I am always amazed at forums, (fora?) so many people ready to hepl.

·
Registered
3,163 Posts
Check the cruise control actuator cable. It runs just past the master brake cylander.

·
Registered
154 Posts
Yes do the brake switch. I don't have the part no. in front of me. I did find it by searching here. It costs around $10.00ish. And takes just a minute to install. No tools involved. VERY easy.

My cruise would fail intermittantly and this fixed it.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts