Honda Odyssey Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all, I have a 2004 Odyessy and discovered after the purchase on the way home that the cruise control does not work. Its just one of those little things you forget to check and just assume it works. In reading the posts here I have been checking fuses and connections, in doing that I discovered a 2 wire harness on the same cluster that goes to the brake switch unplugged, it has a lt blue and black wire. I wanted to see if anyone knew or could look on their's to see where it plugs in, before I go replacing things. It might be the problem or it might just go to something completely different. Also just to explain further the issue, the cruise on/off switch on the dash will light up but the cruise will not set or light up on the cluster. thanks in advance

·
Registered
6,076 Posts
The connector for the brake pedal position switch is a 4P connector (4 terminals in the harness).

There is a BLU/BLK wire that leads to the Cruise Control Unit under the dash in that same general area...

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hendersonville-20120225-00306.jpg Hendersonville-20120225-00307.jpg
This is plug that is unplugged with the lt blue and black wires on it, i believe i have found the place it plugs in on the panel to the left of the pedals next to the fuses. But my next question is would there be a specific reason why someone would unplug this to disable the cruise?

·
Registered
3,163 Posts
It looks like the blue/blk wire goes from the cruese control unit to the dash to control the cruise light.

·
Registered
3,163 Posts
Does the horn work? It gets voltage through the cable reel on the same lead to the horn switch. Check f47 in under hood panel. It looks like they picked up voltage to the ccset/reset switch from the horn line through the cable reel out of convenience. Since the control lines go back through the cable reel to the cc unit they do not draw enough current to pick the horn relay but supply a + signal voltage. The horn switch feeds ground to the horn relay.

·
Registered
6 Posts
If the brake position sensor was the source of intermittent issues in my Ody. I was able to remove it, play with it, put it back in, and resolve the issue.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Did you ever figure out what that plug with the two wires (black and blue) is for? I have it hanging as well, however my cruise control has always been working fine. Just wondering what it's for.

·
Registered
6,076 Posts
Did you ever figure out what that plug with the two wires (black and blue) is for? I have it hanging as well, however my cruise control has always been working fine. Just wondering what it's for.
My guess from the electrical diagram would be "Multiplex control inspection connector".

1 - 9 of 9 Posts