Honda Odyssey Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just purchased a new Safe Embrace booster for my 5 year old daughter after looking for one for two months. Toys R Us just got a shipment of some in. Unfortunately, they did not get the Toddler/Booster seats in, and I doubt I'll ever find one of those. My two year old son also needs a new seat, given that he can unhook his Smart Move five point harness. Also, he watches his sister unlatch her seat belt so he has been unlatching his, too. I found out about the EZ Latch, and ordered one from a Babies R Us two hours away (the closest place). So I went and bought the Century Breverra Ascend for him, because it has a more secure harness and I can switch him from the seat belt and use the Latch system. BUT... it comes with a cup holder, and his sister is incredibly jealous!
Does anyone have any ideas for a cup holder that can attach to her armrest, so as to avoid future conflicts?

·
Registered
35 Posts

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Angela! I saw those while I was online last night. But the kids seem to be doing better separated in the second row, so there'd be no place to put those. But it sure would be handy...Maybe I'll still get one and put it on the floor between them...
I still would like to find a cupholder that would attach right on to one of the armrests.
I couldn't get one that would connect to the door because of the sliding feature. I guess I'll have to check auto parts places, too.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Here is an idea for a cup holder - I haven't tried it because our van hasn't come in yet, but I see no reason why it wouldn't work. Our daughter (4) will be in the middle seat in a car seat and will want a cup holder, so I plan to strap a plastic cottage cheese container to the arm rest with a velcro strap. (I know, ugly as sin, but cheap and easy- cover it with contact paper, maybe?). I did something similar for my son's bike - used big twist ties to attach a cottage cheese container to the front handlebars for all of the sticks, rocks, etc. he keeps picking up, as well as hold a drink. It works very well - holds almost any size drink and contains spills, too. For easy cleanup, drop a second container inside the first and just run the second container through the dishwasher when it gets nasty. I am not sure where to get the velcro straps, but a local hardware, bike or medical supply store should have something that would work. Here is a URL for fancy velcro straps - http://www.tri-zone.com/Catalog/BigTriZoneStraps.html. This is just a picture, so to purchase go to bike stuff, accessories on the tri-zone site(1.95-2.95, but shipping is 4.00). Just cut 2 horizontal slits in the container the width of the arm rest and run the strap through them and around the arm rest. You could do 2- one for a drink and one for a shallow butter tub for snacks. Should be very safe - all soft plastic. If it breaks on the road, stop and buy a new one and enjoy some cottage cheese, too. Maybe someone else out there has better idea for a container to strap on to the arm rest?

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Guess what? We found one! After I unsuccessfully looked online at JCWhitney and browsed an ungodly number of sites devoted to various drink holders, we gave up and went to Pep Boys. My husband found an adjustable, clamp-on cup holder for 5.99! The clamp tightens with a screw, and the holder swivel-adjusts to hold different sized cups. It fits on the armrest and stays snug. My daughter is absolutely thrilled - and glad that her holder is cooler than her brother's. We are glad to have weathered this crisis...thanks for your help!

·
Registered
27 Posts
Moon - Glad you found a solution! I also found a cupholder that would have worked while shopping w/ my hubby at a sporting goods store. It is meant for boats, etc. but would work as well.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts