Infinity KAPPA-10.11T
Infinity Reference 6532EX
XS Power D3400R
XS Power & Stinger Wires/RCA/Acc.
iDatalink Maestro RR

·
Registered
426 Posts
Will like to see how that alpine head unit looks on the ody.

·
Registered
219 Posts
Looks like a worthy install. This is irrelevant but...
From my experience as an IASCA competitor in the 90s in SoCal where Image Dynamics was based, and seeing their utter lack of integrity in competition...I would rather shoot myself than buy that sub. (I have a pair of their $1000pr comp hlcd horns in storage FWIW.)
Again irrelevant now as they have changed to just another importer and IASCA sound quality competition is gone.
Theyre probably as good as anyones now just irks me to see the brand still exists.
Nothing in that industry is as it was.
I ran a/d/s, precision power, soundstream, and their horns. Rockford Fosgate symmetry epx, clarion head and video ($4000 back then for a head unit you could equal for 10% of that now) Won my division at the socal championship in 1998 and points for the season.

All those brands exist in name only today.

Good luck with that install.

·
Registered
219 Posts
What other options did your van have like nav-res? Are you going to have steering wheel control functionality?
I dont really need a fancy head unit but I understand you cant beef up an otherwise stock system with a multichannel amp or a powered sub because the vcm injects a signal. Not sure if having vcm muzzled cures this or not

·
Registered
426 Posts
What other options did your van have like nav-res? Are you going to have steering wheel control functionality?
I dont really need a fancy head unit but I understand you cant beef up an otherwise stock system with a multichannel amp or a powered sub because the vcm injects a signal. Not sure if having vcm muzzled cures this or not
I don't believe the VCM is mix completely with the stereo system. Maybe only with the noise cancelation thing under the passenger seat. For Ex-L and Touring. The head unit also control voice commands toward the climate control. (Voice commands that I have almost never used). In our case changing the head unit will eliminate these options. Which for some is ok, but for me I rather keep it as much stock as possible. Instead on the Lx and Ex these options were not available, therefore you have more options to play with.

Attachments

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
By using this iDatalink Maestro RR I will retain steering functions and add more much .....

1 - 10 of 10 Posts