Honda Odyssey Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I built an in-car bike rack for my 29er MTB. I just used some 2 by 4s and a front fork bike mount. I made it car width so that it wont move from side to side. and wedged it between the seats and the curved body panel by the door so its not moving front to back either. The whole system is removable, nothing is bolted to the car. The rack slides in and out and the floor mats are velcroed in so i can remover them to wash them. the van was a hand-me-down from my mom and rarely use the back seat since im still in college, but the middle row seat still work fine

http://www.flickr.com/photos/[email protected]/4707472246/in/set-72157624166013305/

·
Registered
369 Posts
DaVolpe said:
Yea there's a bunch in that album, just cycle through the pics
Thats the best idea I've ever seen for a bike rack. I never thought of adding an actua rack in the back, and no manufacture has either?!?!?! If not, you better patent that idea!!!

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
thanks! But ill let someone else make millions of my idea lol. It only cost about 20 bucks to make. Compared to the roof racks that are about $200. The fork mount was only 10 bucks for a non mane, you can find them at any bike shop or if you really want to get fancy Thule sells it for 30 bucks.

the rest is just cheap wood and carpet.

Mine was only 5 bucks , got the mount for free from my friends who work at the shop and already had carpet from my old truck, just needed the wood and the bolts.:D

·
Registered
444 Posts
I like your bike rack. I usually back my bike in with my rear wheel between the seats. Then I just wrap the rear seatbelt around the handlebar to keep it steady. I'll have to see if my 26" will go in forwards like yours! I've been considering mounting a fork mount on the rear seatback.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts