Honda Odyssey Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone have any experience with custom armrests for the driver's right and passenger's left?

This is a health issue in that the stock armrests are rather short and don't provide the support that we are looking for. My wife has advanced arthritis and finds the stock Ody armrests uncomfortable.

If anyone can clue us in to a source for this kind of mod, we'd appreciate it.

Thank You.

·
Registered
278 Posts
NoMoreFords: I don't know how much you can spend. I can vouch for the integrity of Michael Dresdner, President, Handicapped Drivers Services, Inc. of Marietta, GA, 770-422-9674. Their business is converting minivans for the handicapped, so they might have had some experience modifying armrests, or maybe not. I work for Honda and met Michael at an ADED converence in Florida; Michael gets requests for lowered, wheelchair-compatible Odysseys, but currently the Odysseys are just a tiny bit too small to allow for the conversion. You might give them a call. Can't hurt. Steven Johnson in Torrance, CA

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks stevenj. I will give him a call; not even long distance!
Happy Holidays !

·
Registered
122 Posts
You might want to install an aftermaket console on a raised platform. I have considered this mod. This is the worst feature on an otherwise marvelous van. I had to rent a dodge for a month and they had the full size arm rests much nicer. I have also considered putting a sheepskin cover on the armrest. There is an outfit in van nuys, ca that makes custom covers for the arm rests. There have been previous posts about this company. I can look up the link if you are interested let me know.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by rollie66:
There is an outfit in van nuys, ca that makes custom covers for the arm rests. There have been previous posts about this company. I can look up the link if you are interested let me know.</font>
I would be interested in that link, but don't go to any trouble over it; only if you have it handy.

Thanks

·
Registered
1,046 Posts
I am going through the same issue with the arm rests. Finally, with a three day weekend I am going to attempt some 'surgery' as it appears the cover can be removed. I would think that a simple bracket could be made to extend the armrest out a couple of inches? We will see!

·
Registered
122 Posts
Sheepskinexperts.com Give them a call and tell them what you want and they can make it. Get an insert made for the door as well!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts