Honda Odyssey Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm in the process of doing some research to get the hottest rims that an Ody can ever have. I've been looking at the ones that have the so called "lip" because they're hot.
I just saw an Ody with a nice set of huge Wheels (I think they were FITTIPALDI "Force")and let me tell you it looked HOT.....

Any advise on the best wheels (With the so called Lip)?

Thanks,

------------------
Will N.
New Jersey "The Garden State"

·
Registered
596 Posts
There are some 23" or 24" wheels out there. Why not go the whole "rice pilaf" route? Maybe ya could got by without tires, Hee! Hee!

Jerry O.

------------------
2001 Odyssey GG LX

·
Registered
478 Posts
I'm not sure what you mean by "lip"-unless you mean the amount of exposed rim surface on the outer edge of the wheel?
Usually more prominent on rear drive model wheels with less positive offset than on front drive versions.
Personally, I would stick with 17 or 18s max. on an Ody in whatever style you think looks good. No such thing as the "best" wheel IMO. Some are stronger than others, some lighter, more expensive etc., etc... Just make sure to get the proper width and offset (and of course bolt pattern
)
If you are doing research, then I assume you have seen the price$ on these larger wheels and bigger rubber? My 225/40 18 tires on my Accord were $200 apiece!

Good luck on your search...

------------------
'02 RP EX NAV
Mudguards,cargo tray,Weathertech mats, lampguards, gold emblems,
17" TSW Spirit wheels with 235/55 Dunlop Sport A2 tires
"Nothing you do for children is ever wasted" G.Keillor

[This message has been edited by ody (edited 01-14-2002).]

1 - 3 of 3 Posts