Honda Odyssey Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Going from a Civic to an Odyssey is quite different. :D

With the Civic, I'm pretty eye level with the headlights, but with the Odyssey...I feel that the cut off for the headlights is too low and can't see far ahead.

I was wondering if anyone felt the same way about the cut off and actually toyed with the adjustments to aim it slightly higher?

·
Registered
86 Posts
I actually lowered mine slightly since from the factory, I thought it was aimed too high causing the intensity or brightness of the road directly in front of me to appear really dim. Lowering the cut off slightly made the road appear brighter however sacrificing the intensity further up the road. I figured it was ok for me since I can always turn on the fog lights to help but so far it has been sufficient...

·
Registered
755 Posts
You can aim up the headlights a little bit then

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
When you pop open the hood... on the top of the frame,you will see two nuts where you turn left or right for plus (+) or negative (-) and that will move it.

You would have to be aiming your lights at a wall while you are doing it so you can see the difference and make sure both sides are the same height.

I haven't done it before but have seen it done to my old Civic.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Going from a Civic to an Odyssey is quite different. :D

With the Civic, I'm pretty eye level with the headlights, but with the Odyssey...I feel that the cut off for the headlights is too low and can't see far ahead.

I was wondering if anyone felt the same way about the cut off and actually toyed with the adjustments to aim it slightly higher?
Go to this link and see post#35 http://www.odyclub.com/forums/54-2011-odyssey/149175-hid-headlights-3.htmler to help answer your question

Read the entire thread if you like but post 35 pretty well sums it up

I don't like the focused headlights and find the cut-off line to be very distracting

RCAVATOR

1 - 6 of 6 Posts