Honda Odyssey Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Would anyone be kind enough to post or email me a picture of the Weathertech mat after it's cut to fit the 3rd row? This would save me and others a lot of time installing our mats.

·
Registered
76 Posts
I don't have a picture available, but I can describe what I did. There are four vertical sections about 1" wide on the outside sections of the weathertech mats. I cut off three vertical sections from the outside of each mat. With the three vertical sections removed from each mat, the mats fit pretty well in the 3rd seat area - just slightly too wide.

I then duct taped the three 3" wide sections together and placed them against the front "firewall" area between the parking brake and brake, in the area that I tend to place my foot. It stays there pretty well when I put the bottom 2 or so inches of the taped-together pieces under the front mats.

·
Registered
177 Posts
I used my factory carpet for a template and a felt tip pen to mark the cut. Also, I actually reversed the 3rd row mats because I wanted the deep ridged part of the mats to be more in line to where kiddies dirty feets would be.

C

·
0 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by kenr:
Would anyone be kind enough to post or email me a picture of the Weathertech mat after it's cut to fit the 3rd row? This would save me and others a lot of time installing our mats.</font>

This picture is of one of two sections cut from the rear mats in my Ody:

------------------
Chuck K,
Self-elected President, Vice President, Sergeant-at Arms and one and only member of the, now official, Former Ody Owners chapter of the OdyClub, founded 2/02/2002.

·
Registered
76 Posts
I did something very similar to Chuck. I had cut off three sections from each of the Weathertech mats instead of four like Chuck did. I then took the two three-section pieces, duct-taped them together, and placed them where Chuck placed his piece. When removing only three sections from the side of each mat, the mats are a tight fit (slightly too big) in the rear. I was debating between three or four and decided with the three.

·
Registered
178 Posts
Cutting the Mats

Hi guys,

I am doing the research on the W-T mats. Sorry, but your entire discussion went right over my head: Why do I want to cut up the mats and put a piece under another mat in the front for my left foot?

In understand you might want a piece for the space between the 2nd row seats when they apart, but the front-under my left foot?

·
Registered
32 Posts
I have my two middle seats together for a bench. DS steps into the van to get to the third row. I put my extra piece of WT mat where he steps. My left foot doesn't extend past the front seat mat.

The mats are too wide to fit in the third row, which is why you need to trim them. There are perfect guidelines for the trimming.

·
Registered
178 Posts
Ahh...

I get it!

Thank you Kanga_D. I will keep my eyes peeled for a week in the local auto part stores. If I don't see any good mats, I think I am buying the W-Techs.

and again, thanks for the explanation.

:)

·
Registered
32 Posts
Auto parts stores

I've looked at Pep Boys, WalMart, and Target, and not seen ANYTHING remotely resembling the WeatherTech mats. These mats are very sturdy, will hold a ton of gunk, and sort of snap together in the middle so that there is a continuous line of mat going across the van (even in the front seat.) They are pricey, though.

http://www.roadworksauto.com had them with free shipping a couple of weeks ago. I couldn't get their web page to work when I was ready to order, so I got mine directly from MacNeil and had to pay $9 shipping.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts