Honda Odyssey Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi, I replaced the inner and outer CV boot on the front left of my 97 Ody. To do this I removed the inboard trunnion that has a splined fit to the shaft to enable sliding the boots on. There was no problems with the joint before i started. I have done something wrong as now it feels like it has an out of ballance vibration that comes on as speed increases. Before i get all greasy again and go looking, can anyone remember if the trunnion bearing has a locating mark to align with the axle for ballance? And if it does'nt, any ideas would be appreciated.

·
Registered
114 Posts
Yo might have to get greasy again....
One thing to check is to see if the marks on rollers line up with the spider, and if the marks on the roller line up with the inboard joint as well. Also check if the drive shaft length is corrected as per p3 of the attached manual.

·
Registered
114 Posts
sorry, the file is too big to attach. PM me and I'll send you the pdf file.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks Ossy. The fact you say there is some alignment marks on the bearing, which i dont recall, gives me direction. I will let you know.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Dohhh

Ossy's diagram nailed it.

Well, pointed out what F#%K!n idiot looks like. I managed to reassemble the inboard spider and cv with the roller bearings rectangular side facing outwards. Result: breaks the rectangular flange off the bearings. Lesson: tiredness = inattention.

Thanks Ossy and ODYCLUB

·
Registered
114 Posts
human errors... I had have a few through the years and sworn at myself silly. But like the MC ad, new drive shaft $620, become wiser and know what not to do next time, it's pricelss.;)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts