Honda Odyssey Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone have any advice on which dealers in the Dallas area are better to work with than others? It seems that most have 6 or 7 2002s on their lots (just not the trim/color we want!)so we will probably be ordering. We are about to begin our journey to Ody ownership and would appreciate any guidence...

·
Registered
15 Posts
I would recommend David McDavid in Irving, or Rusty Wallis in Dallas. I bought mine from David McDavid MSRP less $500. Ask for Roger Wilkins or Michael Sawin. Stay away from Lute Riley because they might include advertising fee in your total drive-out price.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Go with Rusty Wallis. I had placed a deposit in November with David McDavid and got a string of "string along" dates of delivery. Started out at 3-4 weeks, then after 2 1/2 months (with basically no contact from them) I finally got a call that it would be 2 more weeks.

By then, I had started talking to Rusty Wallis and was impressed, although I wouldn't be convinced until we completed the sale. It was a great experience (if dropping $30k+ can be considered great!). Everything from the sales guy to the finance guy to the service department has been a total pleasure. Much different than our Accord purchase in Nov 96 at David McDavid which left a BAD taste to this day...

Would recommend Rusty Wallis (sales guy Arlon Hill) again and again even though they're not as conveniently located as other dealers in the area. Good luck.

·
Registered
21 Posts
One more thing on Rusty Wallis. If you're buying the warranty, they don't initially offer a Honda Care warranty (which we got); it's something called Olympic Care or something. Also, make sure you have the pricing for the other warranties--they'll probably match to avoid losing the sale.

We had a 5.75% finance rate from our credit union. They beat it at 5.49% (depends on your credit rating).

Bottomline, come prepared with your homework (such as accessory pricing, etc.) and you'll probably walk out with a good deal. This is all based on our January 31st purchase of a GG EX-L with RES.

P.S. to clarify, they're not conveniently located to ME, not that they're inconvenient to get to! Thanks, and again good luck.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Defintely Rusty Wallis. Very easy to work with and got our van for MSRP. Our saleman was John McChristian. Lute Riley quoted us about $2,000 over MSRP and tried to pressure me to make a decision then!

·
Registered
4 Posts
After two weeks of phone negotiations with 5 DFW area dealers (waste of time with Honda of McKinney @MSRP+$2000), we got our SS-EX-L NAVI from John Eagle Honda. It was $700 under MSRP when we went to pick it up, but the Fleet Manager gave us another $100 off, a free rear cargo tray, touch-up paint, his card for a complimentary 3500-mile service and an apology for the van arriving one week later than he quoted. They did, however, try to get me to buy the 7/100/0 warranty at a "manager authorized" price of $1300. Other than that, I was impressed. Oh, yes, in our 2nd week of ownership, we accidently gouged a rear cargo panel and John Eagle had it expertly repaired at no charge.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
well, we went to Rusty Wallis last night and had a pleasant experiance...we ordered a RRP EXL-RES! They said to expect it in 6 weeks or less. They did offer us their Olympic Care Warranty initially as you warned. Thanks everyone for your guidance!

·
Registered
49 Posts
Has anyone had any experience with Freeman Honda? We put a deposit on a EX-L RES SS last week, said to come in by Feb. 28. Salesman was great, paid MSRP, got a good deal on some options (towing, cd changer, sub, mud flaps, cargo tray, wheel locks, I think that's all of it...) Was not pressured about any options, just asked what I wanted. They are however going to try and get me on the extended warranty. The finance manager quoted me a price of "$1300 is at our cost, I can't go any lower than that" hee, hee, hee...Thanks ODY Club members, I'm not gonna get shafted on this one!

Nak

·
Registered
9 Posts
Just picked up our GG EX-L from David McDavid. Had been e-mailing with McDavid, Huggins, and McNatt and Roger Wilkens at McDavid was the most responsive. I don't think the Huggins guy knew how to read e-mail as I never heard back from him when I asked for additional info. Price: McDavid $550 off MSRP, Huggins:$500 off and McNatt was $300 off MSRP. All other taxes (not sales tax), title, fees, etc. were about $220 at all three. Got on the list Feb. 8th. I was originally on the March Allocation but a February buyer was out of town so they called yesterday saying I was next (only 2 weeks!). No issues at the dealer, they did not offer HondaCare, just an offbrand so I passed. Beware - they do try to sneak the $300 window etching in at the last minute - so read the contract on the finance guy's computer screen. Overall 4 out of 5 - ask for Roger Wilkens.

------------------
2002 EX-L GG

1 - 9 of 9 Posts