Honda Odyssey Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, I am new here.

I have recently moved to the north of B.C. (Canada) and the temps have dropped to -36. I bought a magnetic block heater LOL! (Yes, that was funny, laying under the car with my nose inches from the oil pan and my back freezing on the pavement, to discover it didn't 'stick')

So, I phoned the Honda dealership looking for a block heater for my '95 Honda Odyssey van. They are charging $100 for the unit and $50 or so on installation.

They also told me the block heaters for all years are the same, so, a 2011 block heater will fit my engine (F22B6)

When I had searched online prices the quotes for block heaters in late model Odysseys were between $34 - $55. (probably U.S. dollars)

So....I have read some posts on block heaters here, but the most relevant post to my situation was never answered (where is the plug etc)

Question: Where can I find one? One size fits all?

Also, can the aluminum head be damaged by subzero weather? I worry about warping etc.

thanks in advance!

·
Registered
9,247 Posts
Sorry, I can't help with the block heater fitment. But I can assure you the head won't be affected by the cold, provided the coolant doesn't freeze.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts