Honda Odyssey Forum banner
1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
2,604 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've yet to find one on a lot in Dark Cherry Pearl to see for myself. Is is a Metallic paint? So far the Dark Cherry Pearl over Beige is the only option my wife will consider and I'm SOL if it's not metallic.

·
Registered
13 Posts
we have a 2011 dark cherry pearl....we think it is beautiful...picked up nov 15th 2010.....joncar

·
Administrator
14,510 Posts
we have a 2011 dark cherry pearl....we think it is beautiful...picked up nov 15th 2010.....joncar
How about posting some pix?

·
Registered
186 Posts
I've yet to find one on a lot in Dark Cherry Pearl to see for myself. Is is a Metallic paint? So far the Dark Cherry Pearl over Beige is the only option my wife will consider and I'm SOL if it's not metallic.
According to the hard copy Ody brochure, DCP is not a metallic color...sorry.

My wife wants Mocha Metallic and I've learned that those are few and far between - especially on EX-L w/ anything and Touring or T Elite.

Good luck!

·
Registered
2,604 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
It's a pearl color, not metallic.
Thanks. I've seen pearl's that are metallic (i.e Toyotas Blizzard Pearl which is the color she wants) so thought maybe there was a chance on this one. Toyota charges $250 extra for it Blizzard Pearl...GMC gets $800 for their white diamond tri-coat. I'll bet if Honda charged extra for a color she'd like that one too:D

·
Registered
854 Posts
Well, my understanding is that, by definition, pearlescent paint and metallic paint are different animals with the biggest practical difference being that the hue of a pearl changes, sometimes dramatically, with lighting conditions.

·
Registered
2,604 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Well, my understanding is that, by definition, pearlescent paint and metallic paint are different animals with the biggest practical difference being that the hue of a pearl changes, sometimes dramatically, with lighting conditions.
I'm going to have to just find one in person to see. I tried pulling up actual dealer photos on auto-trader and a couple I pulled up looked very Purple. This will never fly if it looks purple. Black looks like a hearse. She won't have another silver/gray car although I really like the high-metallic of the Gunmetal. White is just plain flat-white. She liked the dark blue on the previous gen...which of course doesn't carry over!! Sucks to shop vehicles by color....but if I don't have to hear about how she hates the color of her vehicle for another five years I guess that's worth the peace and quite. We have silver with gray interior now and she's hated it since about day two...even more once four other moms at the school have the same van/color.

·
Registered
730 Posts
I like the cherry but the light color interior is not what I want. My impression is that the grey or beige color plastic really looks cheap, I liked the darker colored interior (truffle?). A richer look, but, yes, still plastic.

·
Registered
730 Posts
I'm going to have to just find one in person to see. I tried pulling up actual dealer photos on auto-trader and a couple I pulled up looked very Purple. This will never fly if it looks purple. Black looks like a hearse. She won't have another silver/gray car although I really like the high-metallic of the Gunmetal. White is just plain flat-white. She liked the dark blue on the previous gen...which of course doesn't carry over!! Sucks to shop vehicles by color....but if I don't have to hear about how she hates the color of her vehicle for another five years I guess that's worth the peace and quite. We have silver with gray interior now and she's hated it since about day two...even more once four other moms at the school have the same van/color.
My wife really doesn't care, "Just pick one" is her response. I'm in shock. But, like you, I need to choose carefully.

·
Registered
854 Posts
I tried pulling up actual dealer photos on auto-trader and a couple I pulled up looked very Purple. This will never fly if it looks purple.
Nah, it doesn't have any purple in it, regardless of lighting.

·
Registered
2,604 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Nah, it doesn't have any purple in it, regardless of lighting.
Well we found one along our route today over near Wheeling. Overcast and snowy....certainly didn't have much red it in. Looked very dark...purple isn't the right word...plum I would say. She wasn't impressed but didn't say it was horrible...maybe it will strike her better on a sunny day.

·
Registered
170 Posts
metallic paint = small metallic chips as part of the base coat has tendency to look 'silvery' or 'metal like'

most honda pearls take a bluish tinge to them. prime example of a honda 'pearl' paint is the appearance of nighthawk black pearl... it looks extemely blue in bright indirect light... hense it's namesake... like a nighthawk or raven...

·
Registered
2,604 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
FWIW, this color does have a decent amount of metallic look to it. They're much smaller flakes than "gun metal" or whatever other colors actually say "metallic" in them but when you look close it has what looks like crushed glass in the base color. I brought home a slightly used MDX in this color last night and she absolutely hates it in any light. Oh well...still haven't seen black to compare. That's the only other color that might work assuming she hasn't connected the hearse look to the black one. I'll keep my mouth shut.

·
Registered
170 Posts
the crystal black pearl has a much more silver pearl appearance to it over the older blacks...

it's a much less colorful black if that makes any sense.

·
Registered
730 Posts
I thought I wanted Dark Cherry, until I looked at one today. Hated it. It was overcast and the color was very flat. It looked more like maroon.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts