Honda Odyssey Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Searching for recommendations for dash cover/carpet to protect dash from sun damage. I had one for our 1994 Accord and, although the cover has fallen apart, the dash looks as if it is showroom new.

Looking for an Internet purchase. Does anyone have any suggestions?

·
Registered
182 Posts
Do you need one for San Francisco? I've got inlaws out there and never noticed it being necessary.

Between those silver windshield sunscreens and good front side window tint, our car dashes have been fine. Our summer heat is way worse than Florida.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Have you ever used 303 Aerospace Protectant?

It works really well, and fairly easy to find. Used by a lot of auto detailers, but it's especially popular with boating and sporting for use on vinyl seats, kayaks, paddles, etc.

This isn't like Armorall, this is a product that actually works and doesn't leave your dash sticky. I used it for 10 years on my BMW 3-series and the dash still looked like new.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Best Dash Cover

I am enclosing the link to Dash Guard, that you can order over the internet. In 2008 we bought an EX-L, and living in Yuma, AZ the extreme summer temperatures can really damage the dash. Our van is silver metallic with gray interior and we chose the "Spectropile Carpet" that is listed on their website. We did not want velour or suede. This company is in Yuma, AZ and we drove over to there store and chose the grey color. We paid $44.00 and got it in less than a week.

We just ordered a new 2012 Touring Elite in silver with the truffle interior, and we will go over and order a new dash cover for this vehicle. The dash cover looks just like new and it fits perfectly on our 2008.

I don't think you will disappointed with the quality of this product and many of our dealers use them since they are a local company.

Go to: Dash Guard

Hope this helps,

DaisyMay

1 - 6 of 6 Posts