Honda Odyssey Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm still working out all of the kinks in our 01. I have a few pesky issues and one being various lights on the dash which are burned out (or maybe they're not supposed to illuminate).

Can anyone advise?

The bottom row of the HVAC selection panel does not light up.

The light switch for selecting the dome light setting (door, off, on). It's the tall paddle switch.

And, how about the cruise control button? I know it should light up (used to have an 04 Civic and it lit up...then that bulb died too at some point). What's the process to get a new bulb in there?

I found the fix for the D4 bulb and will tackle that at the same time as these others (if they're supposed to be lit up).

·
Registered
7,508 Posts
What I saw this morning when selecting the parking lights position (2002 EX):

The bottom row of the HVAC selection panel did light up.

The light switch for selecting the dome light setting (door, off, on) also illuminated.

I flipped on the key to the position it normally is for a running engine...and my cruise control pushbutton light is burned out, too! I remember that always being on when the switch was "latched" in the depressed (cruise control selected) position. Gotta go change that one by removing the switch and remove the little bulb holders (I think you get the microbulbs and push the little leads through, and bend them to secure the bulb in the holder).

OF

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Thanks for the info!

What is the procedure to change the light bulb in the light switch, cruise control button, and bottom row of the HVAC controls?

·
Super Moderator
13,638 Posts
BlackHawk99 said:
The procedure is to search on here. More than one DIYs have been posted with pix.

Start with the search term HVAC and light. Be creative with words and separate 'em by AND and that is the golden key to the Odyclub. :)

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I had already found the procedure for the HVAC light. That's no issue. Simple enough.

I should have been more specific in my reply. I'm looking for the procedure to change the door light switch back light. I searched and came up with nothing.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I'm all set now. I ripped the dash apart and figured out all of the bulbs.

In total, I replaced these bulbs:

D4 light
Clock light
Cruise green indicator light
HVAC lower bank light
Dome light paddle switch light

It was all super easy. But, I did have to make two seperate trips to the dealer this AM because they sold me a bum bulb.

All good now!

Ready for another 100,000!

·
Registered
76 Posts
Along these lines, are the door-mounted buttons for the windows supposed to illuminate as well? On my 04 EX-L they don't, and in my 99 Audi (and most other cars I have had) they do...

·
Registered
76 Posts
Thank you - I was hoping they did but I guess the upside is that it's something I don't need to fix.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts