Honda Odyssey Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i own a '01 odyssey and it's developed a little "click" or "snap" noise from, what sounds to me, under the dash. it only makes the noise when i hit sharp bumps and one makes one "click" (not a constant rattle). it does it on the driver's side and on the passenger side, sometimes from both sides at the same time. i've checked the a-pillars, shook the dash, even reach under to dash to feel if anything was loose. it sounds like the dash mounts might shift or something when i hit a bump. any clues???

·
Registered
1 Posts
I had a similar problem and was finally fixed last week by the dealer. I am not sure of all the details but the mechanic found a burr on one of the welds in the front strut. The mechanic blended the burr out and now the ticking noise is gone.

Good luck
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by dum_groov13:
i own a '01 odyssey and it's developed a little "click" or "snap" noise from, what sounds to me, under the dash. it only makes the noise when i hit sharp bumps and one makes one "click" (not a constant rattle). it does it on the driver's side and on the passenger side, sometimes from both sides at the same time. i've checked the a-pillars, shook the dash, even reach under to dash to feel if anything was loose. it sounds like the dash mounts might shift or something when i hit a bump. any clues???</font>

1 - 2 of 2 Posts