Honda Odyssey Forum banner

1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just installed my dash pads from pads plus. Fit and finish is perfect. come with 2 sided square tape. 9 piece set. the top center console pad is the best being that is probably the most slippery and most used. Material is like the bottom of a mouse pad. Got mine on ebay. 10 outta 10 !! highly recommend everyone get these !!

·
Registered
196 Posts
pads plus photos?

Just installed my dash pads from pads plus. Fit and finish is perfect. come with 2 sided square tape. 9 piece set. the top center console pad is the best being that is probably the most slippery and most used. Material is like the bottom of a mouse pad. Got mine on ebay. 10 outta 10 !! highly recommend everyone get these !!
Cool! When you get a chance, can you snap some photos and post? Would really be interested in seeing them...on top of your favorable review.

·
Registered
730 Posts
Cool! When you get a chance, can you snap some photos and post? Would really be interested in seeing them...on top of your favorable review.
Ditto.

·
Registered
632 Posts
Pics please...

·
Registered
739 Posts
Beautiful picture on EBay, better than what we can do:

EBay 2011 Ody Pads

This is the 3rd Ody I have put the pads into, for some reason, he did not include nearly as many locations with this one. In my Gen3, every nook got one of these, and they all held up well.

These were the least quality cuts of all of them too. I found them all to be slightly too big, should be some clearance around the edges for two reasons... one, so that the edges don't get pushed up the sides, and two, so moisture doesn't pool inside the pad. The clearance on our 2006 was good.

That said, they are still crucial, the reason I like them most is they cut down on rattling big time with whatever is in a cubby. Fortunately I have some leftover pads from 2006 to put in some of the side bins around the Ody where I think this might be an issue.

Don't even need a picture, these are so cheap and return so many orders of magnitude their value, just buy them. P.S. is this post in the wrong place?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Just installed them in my ody. In my opinion, these pads are definitely worth the money.

The pad for center console tray in particular saves my iphone from sliding back and forth:D

·
Registered
507 Posts
Do these stick down with adhesive? If so, what happens when you remove them?

·
Banned
728 Posts
Aren't these really console pads? Dash pads fit on the upper dashboard don't they? In the mean time, do you find crumbs and stuff making their way under the console pads? Why do you need them in the cup holder area? Don't the rubber fingers keep the cups in place?

·
Registered
3,974 Posts
Aren't these really console pads?
Yes

Dash pads fit on the upper dashboard don't they?
Yes

In the mean time, do you find crumbs and stuff making their way under the console pads?
Yes. I have these in my Pilot to keep things from sliding around on the center console. Every month or two I have to pull them up to clean crumbs and crap around the nooks and crannys. I actually just ordered a new set for my Pilot, as the old set was 3 years old, and the neoprene was starting to loose its grip. Still worthwile in my opinion, just to keep my phone and sunglasses from sliding around on the hard plastic of the console.

Why do you need them in the cup holder area? Don't the rubber fingers keep the cups in place?
I didn't bother with the cupholder ones.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Reviving this thread to add that I just bought a set of these on Ebay. They arrived quickly and they fit perfectly. I have my doubts about the double-sided tape holding up through 100 degree summers and 10 degree winters, but only time will tell. Even if I have to re-tape every once in a while, it'll be worth it. These are very nice.

·
Registered
205 Posts
Reviving this thread to add that I just bought a set of these on Ebay. They arrived quickly and they fit perfectly. I have my doubts about the double-sided tape holding up through 100 degree summers and 10 degree winters, but only time will tell. Even if I have to re-tape every once in a while, it'll be worth it. These are very nice.
If it's any reassurance, I installed these in my 2008 and after 3 years they are still holding tight with chicago winters and summers and vacumn cleaner attacks at the car wash.

·
Registered
301 Posts
Truthfully the only spot I think needs this is the front center console top area, everything slides in that spot, the rest isn't really necessary IMO. For just that area the price is to high, most of the pieces are cup holders. plus I have truffle interior and these may stand out too much.

·
Registered
205 Posts
Truthfully the only spot I think needs this is the front center console top area, everything slides in that spot, the rest isn't really necessary IMO. For just that area the price is to high, most of the pieces are cup holders. plus I have truffle interior and these may stand out too much.
It also does a good job of stopping things from rattling around, keeping things a little quieter inside the echo chamber called Odyssy. So it's more than just keeping things from sliding around.

·
Registered
301 Posts
It also does a good job of stopping things from rattling around, keeping things a little quieter inside the echo chamber called Odyssy. So it's more than just keeping things from sliding around.
That is a good point, but do any cups actually rattle in the cup holders enought to make noise? I don't know since my Ody is so new and I have never had one before.

I can see the dash tray items rattling and of course that center console top.

·
Registered
61 Posts
just installed the non slip pads. Very good fit and finish. Very happy with them and for $25 they are a great deal IMO.

·
Registered
301 Posts
just installed the non slip pads. Very good fit and finish. Very happy with them and for $25 they are a great deal IMO.
How does it look with the truffle interior? Care to snap a pic of the front row center console top with the new pad isntalled?

Thanks!!!

·
Registered
205 Posts
That is a good point, but do any cups actually rattle in the cup holders enought to make noise? I don't know since my Ody is so new and I have never had one before.

I can see the dash tray items rattling and of course that center console top.
The cup holders on the '08 don't have that ring like I see in the picture so mine rarely has cups in it. Change, go figure since there is a change holder, keys, cell phone, and any other stuff usually makes it into the cup holder, not a cup. But I doubt if a cup would make a noise, so for cups I agree, they are probably useless unless your like me.

·
Registered
32 Posts
An alternative to these pads would be those liners I use for the kitchen cabinets for the dishes,glasses,and cups.

It's got that nice grip for non slipping. Sorry but I just can't think of what they are called right now. Lol

You can get them at a home improvement store or a bed,bath, and beyond.

1 - 20 of 41 Posts