Honda Odyssey Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
When I turn the headlights on the right half of the buttons that control some of the heat/air functions do not light up like the rest of the buttons do. I cannot see what buttons are what when it is dark. Can anyone help me solve this?

·
Registered
194 Posts
Give a couple of close fist bang on on the dash and see they come back on or flicker. If they flicker, then you might have a bad connection on the back of that control panel.

·
Registered
628 Posts
I have the same problem. I found that if I knocked on the panel then some or all of the lights would come back on. This told me that they weren't burned out.

When I had the dash apart to install an iPod aux connection I removed each of the lights, cleaned the metallic base within the dash module for each lamp to remove any corrosion, as well as each of the filament wires from each lamp. I was certain that would correct the problem.

NOT!

The damn lights still do it. I simply rap the HVAC panel with a knuckel and they pop back on. Some times this works for days/weeks, sometimes hours.

:confused:

·
Registered
786 Posts
I have found that the lights in the Ody are very circumstantial in the sense that one switch can make the difference in whether they light up. I haven't looked into it for the climate control, but the lights seem to come on and off on their own like said above. I also think the bulbs are cheap and won't last all that long either. Just don't go replacing any of the window switch buttons without checking the lock switch.....Its one of those features not many people probably know about.;)

·
Registered
47 Posts
I replaced half the bulbs using the DIY it resolved the issue I found it easy to do. Had to take apart a second time as i missed one bulb on switch beside gear lever.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts