Honda Odyssey Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2005 EXL w Nav
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just picked up a 2005 odyssey exl. All the dash lights are off except for the gauge cluster and Mac screen Pretty much every buttons backlit is off. Tried to adjust dimmer but no effect. Any thoughts? All bulbs burned out in 15 years? Separate fuse?

·
Registered
2005 EXL w Nav
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
looks like fuse #6 is interior lights. Not sure if that also controls the lights behind the buttons on the dash. Dome lights are working
Going to take inventory to see if ANY of the lights on the dash or door controls are working. Anybody know of an alternate source to buy these lights in bulk?

·
Registered
1,224 Posts
Unlikely that all bulbs burn out at once. Have you checked all fuses? What about checking for power with a test light or volt meter?

·
Registered
2005 EXL w Nav
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Talked to previous owner and the climate lights went out recently. I guess it’s possible they all went out. But have never seen this in another high mileage car

·
Registered
1,224 Posts
I would suspect you're tracking down a fuse/power/ground issue. Maybe start with the dimmer control? or the climate control panel?

·
Registered
2005 EXL w Nav
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Last night I checked the interior lights. With the headlights on, only the door buttons for window and locks were illuminated. Its crazy but I believe that all of the lights on the dash must have gone out over time and not been replaced. Fuse #6 was fine.

I found a great youtube video about replacing the lights and also a companion video about where they can be purchased ( at least some of them ) from Mouser electronics. I think I will give that a try.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts