Honda Odyssey Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The Canadian Odyssey has daytime running lamps. I was wondering if the headlights (with housing and all) on the Cdn model could be purchased (perhaps salvage??) and put on an USA 2002 Odyssey? Is the wiring the same? Would the daytime running maps work?

I used to think those daytime running lamps were just fluff, but I think they're a great safety item.

Thanks all

·
Registered
286 Posts
From what I have been able to tell the difference is more in the wiring and controls than in the light assembly, and it is very difficult to convert the Odyssey unless a change has been made in the 2002. Some manufacturers like Ford and Mazda have apparently made it easy by using the same wiring harness and just leaving out a control module that can be plugged in on US models.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Having not received my ODY yet, I don't know about it's wiring, but I have brought two cars (Nissans) into Canada from the US and it was required that they have daytime running lamps. I had a garage do it. Not sure exactly what they did, but it seemed to be a rather simple, inexpensive, and common procedure for them. It didn't involve new lights, just some wiring configurations. Unless there is something to complicate the matter on the ODY, I doubt it would be a big deal to set it up with the daytime lights.

·
Registered
239 Posts
I just hope the guy who did your conversion read this board and he/she will tell us how to modify it.
Anyone out there in Canada know how or know someone who know how please share your secret.

·
Registered
28 Posts
I own an Odyssey from Canada and I believe that the headlights are identical to those in the U.S.
The way they do it is...that they run the high-beam headlights at a reduced voltage (dropping resistor or other device)as not to blind anyone, but get their attention.

·
Registered
286 Posts
I understand what they do on some models in daytime is run the headlights in series rather than parallel, so each gets half the voltage it would otherwise get.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts