Honda Odyssey Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
So after purchasing 2 sets of expensive Sylvania bulbs that last, at best, a year, I decided to just see how bad HID's are with these light housings. (2007 Oddy) I have a set of DDM 55w 6000k bulbs in my 2000 Passat, but it has E-code projectors in them, so the line cut-off is perfect. The cut-off in the Oddy's light wasnt that bad with the halogens.

So I put in a set of 55w 5000k's in the housing yesterday afternoon. Once again, DDM's kit is outstanding and it took, literally, 5 minutes to install them. Wiring harness is a direct swap with the OE harness. It's plug and play. Anyway, after it got dark, I went out to see how bad they were. The cut-off like is now, pretty much, non-existent. I expected that. Drove up and doen the street....they illuminate the road a LOT better (obviously). Wife left for work before I could try to adjust them down...I hope they can be adjusted lol. I called her on her way to work and she said she was already getting flashed by on-coming traffic. So, if I can't get them adjusted down a bit, they are going to have to come out. If they don't work out, oh well, it was worth the $50. I'll report back after I adjust the down a bit to make it less dazzling to on-coming traffic. Hope it works out....

Couple pics.....

Against the snowbank in front of the van

View looking down the street

·
Registered
6,076 Posts
The casper shield on the 9003/H4 (high-low in one bulb) bulbs reduces glare. I believe your 9006 bulbs do not have this. It is like driving with high-beams on.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yea, I'm looking online now for a viable solution. I see a couple DIY's for making 9006 shields. I also couldnt find any knobs to adjust the headlamps. There are some markings on the top face of the housings indicating some for of adjustability. There is an arrow next to the nut that holds the housing to the rad support. Looks like it sits on an adjustable track if I loosen it. If anyone has info on how these housings can be adjusted, let me know. (meanwhile, Im gonna go do a search on here for it)

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Little update:

So I adjusted the lights down a bit and it seems to have worked; No more getting flashed.
These things are definitely brighter than halogens, but the whole beam pattern looks horrible. All ragged and all everything.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts