Honda Odyssey Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I tried to find that post a few times, that I ran across in here some place.

The OP stated, essentially, they had managed to remove the PAX tires from their wheels, stripped out the internal run-flat ring and then he took the wheels and had regular tires mounted onto them.

Sound like a lot of work, however if this is something that can be done my questions are;

1 - rather than everyone spending the money for new wheels and installing them on their van as a method of De-Paxing, and then facing the disposal of 4 wheels and tires

2 - why not.

3 - if this works, pray tell what size of regular tire would mount to those rims (because I thought they were specially made just for the PAX tire.....

If this is possible, I just may approach it because I presently have 4 PAX wheels and tires sitting in my garage and they will never be used ---- unless I do this. Otherwise - they have nearly bald tires on them and are in my way.

Input - thoughts - from you guys that know what you are talking about. (PS - I don't pretend to).

God Bless

Bill

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I checked with my local tire dealer, while they are smaller than those big city ones, they are usually fairly knowledgeable.

What they came back and told me was that the "lip" on the PAX rim would not accommodate a regular tire - the lip is constructed differently just for the PAX and even though one can remove everything else, it just would not seat up properly - if at all.

Anyone else???

God Bless

Bill

·
Registered
768 Posts
Not sure if you can even give those pax rims away.
Michelin only sold 200,000 sets worldwide according to their own website. And very few of those were Ody.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Well - when I am finished up with the present set, I will have a total of 8 wheels and tires. I guess I will cut the tires off, remove the ring and then haul the rims to the salvage yard and sell the aluminum.

Any other ideas are welcome.

God Bless

Bill

1 - 4 of 4 Posts