Honda Odyssey Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I finally De-Paxed last week, after seriously searching for about a year. The pax tires lasted 50K miles, but were in bad shape.

I found a spare last Summer at a local auto wreckers, after watching their website closely for several months. Cost me $125 for the wheel, and parts to mount.

There is an excellent tire store in Edmonds, Washington, that knows all about De-paxing. They set me up with take off Pilot EX 17" wheels, and Falken Ze-912 tires. They harvested the TPMS sensors off the pax wheels, mounted and balanced total cost $1450. I have not taken a photo yet but here is the link from another post with photo, that used these wheels.
http://www.odyclub.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=39044&perpage=15&highlight=&pagenumber=87
Nightkidz-ODY

They are 17" wheels, and are not as good looking as the 18" MDX sports, but the MDX wheels were impossible to find at a reasonable price. These were my second choice, and were a lot less money.

The tire store I recommend is Factory Direct Tire, Edmonds, 425-774-5131 and ask for Nash. He was great to deal with, and I believe fair in his pricing. I told Nash I would post this, as it was a fluke that I found out about them, and it may save someone else a lot of searching.

·
Registered
2 Posts
New member also in Renton. How bad are the PAX tires? Why is it such a major thing to get rid of them?

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
They are expensive to repair, $100 for a puncture, repair locations are very limited, wear poorly, lousy in snow, ride hard and Michelin has dropped the line. Replacement tires are still available at this time, but......

If you have a few hours to kill, do a search on PAX and see what people think of them. My #1 reason for dumping them is, they were never offered on Canadian models, and the closest support for them would be Bellingham (ie: a flat repair).

·
Registered
249 Posts
WOw, another member so close. I think we are far away from even there being a chance for a meet. For now I suppose there is Honda-Tech and most of them are kids.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts