Honda Odyssey Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

I've done a bit of unsuccessful searching via the search function so I thought I'd create a new thread and ask. I have a 2005 Odyssey Touring, of course with the horrible PAX system. My tires are about gone and I want to DE-PAX. I have a few questions.

1) Will 2010 Acura TL SH-AWD 18" wheels and 245/45/R18 tires with TPMS be compatible? I know they have the same 5X120 bolt pattern, but wasn't sure if rubbing is going to be an issue.

2) Will the Acura TL TPMS sensors be compatible or will I have to order the Honda part #?

3) What is the big deal if the TPMS sensors are not compatible? Will it cause a problem with my vehicle or will my vehicle just indicate an issue with tire pressures?

I just want to make sure I can swap these in without any issues. Thanks so much for your time and help, you guys are the experts.

·
Registered
85 Posts
I want the same wheels, I'll be watching this thread.
Do you have some sourced yet? I think I saw a set in CA on Acurazine.com

·
Registered
134 Posts
I can't speak to the TPMS questions, but I don't think you're going to have any rubbing issue with that wheel/tire setup, however I think the tire may look a little small. I have no rubbing issues at all and I am running a 245/50/18 on a rim that is 8.5" wide with +48 offset, so a little larger diameter tire with a wheel that's a little wider and sticks out a little further than the 8" wide +55 offset TL AWD wheels. The 245/50/18 are still a shade smaller diameter than stock, so I may bump up the size a little more the next time I buy tires.

And I'm sure you probably saw this thread, but just in case...
http://www.odyclub.com/forums/52-2005-2010-odyssey/51265-any-depax-2009-acura-tl-awd-18-wheels-offset-55-a.html

·
Registered
16 Posts
Hi,

I've done a bit of unsuccessful searching via the search function so I thought I'd create a new thread and ask. I have a 2005 Odyssey Touring, of course with the horrible PAX system. My tires are about gone and I want to DE-PAX. I have a few questions.

1) Will 2010 Acura TL SH-AWD 18" wheels and 245/45/R18 tires with TPMS be compatible? I know they have the same 5X120 bolt pattern, but wasn't sure if rubbing is going to be an issue.

2) Will the Acura TL TPMS sensors be compatible or will I have to order the Honda part #?

3) What is the big deal if the TPMS sensors are not compatible? Will it cause a problem with my vehicle or will my vehicle just indicate an issue with tire pressures?

I just want to make sure I can swap these in without any issues. Thanks so much for your time and help, you guys are the experts.

I have 2011 Acura wheels (factory pull offs) with 245/45/18, they work well but are slightly UNDER sized. Here are the trade offs.
1) They handle better than the larger, heavier OEM tires
2) The speedometer reads inaccurately at higher speeds and add mileage to your odometer (speedometer readings are higher than actual MPH).
3) The TPMS sensors work sometimes - this is somewhat annoying, but there are no real issues other than an error on the dash display. I am planning to swap the TPMS sensors when i put on a fresh set of rubber.
4) They look outstanding and I get a ton of compliments
5) They are a direct fit, with no issue, other than the above items. I even reused my factory lug nuts. Some would suggest the Acura lug nuts are more preferred (they may be, but I did not have them at my disposal).

Hope this helps
Seth

1 - 5 of 5 Posts