Honda Odyssey Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When we bought our '07 Touring back in March, I stupidly took the salesman's word (he was the number one salesman for 3 months in a row, after all :rollingeyes: ) that the PAX system had been removed from the vehicle. 6 months later, our tires are about ready to fall off the van at less than 40k miles. I go out to take a look at the size, and that's when I finally notice that it has the PAX system on it.

When I spoke with the GM of the dealership, he offered to remove the PAX from the vehicle for me. After checking with American Honda, he called me back and informed me that he was not allowed to do it, so he was just going to give me a check to cover having it done elsewhere. The only caveat was that I had to sign a release that would remove any of their responsibility for the tires and wheels.

When I asked what exactly that entailed, he admitted that he wasn't sure since he'd never dealt with this before, and needed to see the release himself before he could tell me that.

We went in tonight to sign the release, but the GM is out of town and left it with the assistant manager, who then left it with the manager on duty after he left at 6. When I got there and read the release, I asked the MoD what it meant, and he had no idea. His instructions were to have us sign it and get it notarized, and hand us a check.

This is the part that has me concerned, and the part that I will get clarification on from the dealer before I sign it. (the names have been changed to protect the innocent and not-so-innocent, as it were :DD )
The Delership also has informed the Customers that the Dealership and American Honda (the manufacturer of the vehicle) will not warrant the Conversion, the Vehicle's tires or any other systems of the Vehicle that are in any way related to the tire system or in any way affected by the Conversion.
I asked the MoD what exactly they meant by "any other systems affected" by the conversion. Does this mean that the gawd-awfully expensive Honda Care warranty we purchased with the vehicle is no longer going to cover brakes, wheel bearings, ball joints, CV joints, or the suspension? If I were a lawyer for the dealership, I would say yes in order to save my company money. However, they are doing their best to keep me as a happy customer, so what's your read on that?

·
Registered
411 Posts
1.- Fax the damn agreement to your lawyer (you do have one you can call on, right?) and pay him his fee for giving you his opinion before you sign anything.

2.- Or express your worries to your Dealer and have someone who won't put you off on underlings put their response to your concerns in writing.

3.- Or threaten to return the vehicle for your full paid sales price and publicize the whole "you lied to me" story with the press and local ombudsmen and friends and neighbors and work associates unless they just replace the damn wheels as you were promised, without you having to sign away ANY of your rights of ownership with the vehicle, which is what I would have done before even driving the van off the lot.

Good luck...

·
Super Moderator
13,837 Posts
Moved to the dedicated wheels/tires forum. Please post in correct forums in the future to prevent thread locks.

·
Registered
8 Posts
I would imagine that
will not warrant the Conversion, the Vehicle's tires or any other systems of the Vehicle that are in any way related to the tire system
would include the TPMS and any rim and tire combo. We purchased our 2006 "touring" brand new and argued w/ the dealer about removing the pax system. I didn't want them due to replacement cost and that they ride like a freight train. But they sales pitched a tire warranty/plan that we paid extra for and told us it would cover anything that could happen to the tires just not typical wear. A year later I found out the hard way that this warranty specifically did not cover pax equipped vehicles. I bring all this up because if you purchased (i think it was called the road hazard warranty) that scam/plan and you have pax, it's useless and you paid for something they may not cover in the end anyway. So basically you'd be voiding a warranty that does not apply to you anyway. We went w/ a set of Hankook ventus mounted on 19" aftermarket e46 rims. It's much qieter and the ride feels a whole lot sportier.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts