Honda Odyssey Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Convinced the 1998 Ody is the only car I want to ever own. Have 1998lx with 252K, looking for a back up.

Found an older lady moving and has 1998 lx with 158K listed for $3700. Can't find out if the belt was ever done.

Has some records but husband passed and the stepson was kind of the mechanic. yada

Sorry the 1998 in Colorado 100K for $4900 was not available.

If she allows me to take it to a dealer to check out, what is it worth?

There are far more experienced Ody's on the forum. What is the right buy/offer?

Thanks

·
Registered
221 Posts
The van probably won't sell for more than $3k although book is in the $4k range. My technique to get people to give me there low number is to ask, "what do you need in order to sell the car". If I don't want to pay their price I just walk away. This just avoids the whole situation of offending the seller or getting into some sort of adversarial discussion.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I am waiting to see if the dealer will install the transmission cooler hose modified on Monday. In addition I need an a pipe in the exhaust which I ma sure I am getting hosed for $700. I found an out of state Odyssey with 151K for around $3600 owned by an engineer who did most of the maintenance. Should I pour the $1000 or so into my current 262K ( engine with 35K replace by Valvoline at 108K), or get into the out of state model which is a bit of a hassle to get here.

Also will a warm weather car will have any adjustment to the harsh midwest?

Any comments appreciated.

·
Registered
52 Posts
prices seem a little high. looking at them around here for under 3. closer to 2500. whichever one has less rust is the one id jump on personally. less miles and more reciepts is always good.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts