Honda Odyssey Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi. I'm new.

Just bought a 1997 Odyssey EX. Took it to the Honda dealership to have them reprogram the key fob. Some schmo did it, obviously he didn't know what he was doing because he read some instructions off of a cheat sheet and struggled. Finally, he said the fob must be broken and sent me on my way.
When I got home, I could not lock the driver side door. In attempting to program the fob, he inadvertently disabled the driver side lock!

I called the Honda dealership, and of course they're in the business of making lots of money, and doing everything by the book, and would not understand no matter how much I explained it that THEY broke it! "Run diagnostic, blah blah...something wrong with your driver side lock, blah blah...older vehicle." Now I don't know what to do!:huh:

·
Registered
11 Posts
Hi. I'm new.

Just bought a 1997 Odyssey EX. Took it to the Honda dealership to have them reprogram the key fob. Some schmo did it, obviously he didn't know what he was doing because he read some instructions off of a cheat sheet and struggled. Finally, he said the fob must be broken and sent me on my way.
When I got home, I could not lock the driver side door. In attempting to program the fob, he inadvertently disabled the driver side lock!

I called the Honda dealership, and of course they're in the business of making lots of money, and doing everything by the book, and would not understand no matter how much I explained it that THEY broke it! "Run diagnostic, blah blah...something wrong with your driver side lock, blah blah...older vehicle." Now I don't know what to do!:huh:

You've got the work unit paperwork, which states reprogram key fob. Don't call, take it back to the dealership and tell them that the driver side door lock is now malfunctioning..as I understand it, all work done by a dealership has at least a 30 day warranty for parts/labor. If they don't address it, tell them you'd call the Better Business Bureau.

·
Registered
221 Posts
did you have a working fob and was trying to add a second?

and now the working fob doesn't work?

if so, sounds like the idiot was able to clear the stored fob codes but wasn't able to add the fobs to the be used by the van.

in my '05 forester and '00 4runner i found instructions on the internet to clear all stored codes/fobs and then readd them and additional fobs.

... or, did i totally misunderstand what was done :)

joel

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
You've got the work unit paperwork, which states reprogram key fob. Don't call, take it back to the dealership and tell them that the driver side door lock is now malfunctioning..as I understand it, all work done by a dealership has at least a 30 day warranty for parts/labor. If they don't address it, tell them you'd call the Better Business Bureau.
They didn't do any paperwork, just did it in the lobby area. Boo. Oh well, I'm not taking it back to the Honda dealership because they'll charge 125.00 for a diagnostic just to fix the door. (They said so.)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts