Honda Odyssey Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am wondering......

When I picked up my '02 SS Ody last week, I went over it with a fine tooth comb (thanks to the Odyclub checklist I printed out and brought with me). The sales guy was impressesd and said he has never seen anyone with that thorough a list.

The first thing I asked him for (per the Ody checklist) was for the dealer checklist. He looked all over for it and could not find it! That made me suspicious, (maybe they didn't check the van at all) but I took delivery of the van anyway since nothing looked amiss. I told him to get me a copy of the dealer checklist ASAP.

My question is: Is the dealership obliged to fill out the Honda checklist (I think it's called a TID)? Can I penalize them for not filling one out (free first maintenance check or a slam in the Honda customer survey)? Or just be nice and forget it?

I can't believe they would allow a customer to drive a brand new van home without first checking it.

Any suggestions on how to handle this?

Thanks --- Odyman

·
Registered
192 Posts
We bought one about 2 weeks back, and even though it was 8PM on a Friday night when we finished the paperwork the sales guy made sure he went through all of his steps and ran back out to catch us to give us the dealer checklist thingy. I got a call from Honda the other day, and was happy with everything that happened, so I don't remember if they specifically asked about the checklist (I don't think they did). If I remember correctly you would probably have to ask to make a comment about it and they would get dinged, but you would have to go out of your way.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Odyman,

I noticed you are from San Diego and was wondering where you purchased your Ody from and if you can recommend any good dealers in the area. I went to Ball Honda and they're asking $500 over MSRP, which seems reasonable.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Having once sold Honda's and now bought several, I can tell you that you should always receive a copy of the PDI (Pre-Delivery Inspection) checklist. The last new Honda I bought, I recieved a survey that specifically asked about this. I haven't recieved my survey on the ODY yet, since we've only had it a week or so.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by iqdizzy:
Odyman,

I noticed you are from San Diego and was wondering where you purchased your Ody from and if you can recommend any good dealers in the area. I went to Ball Honda and they're asking $500 over MSRP, which seems reasonable.

</font>
IQdizzy,

I almost bought from Ball Honda and Fuller Honda, both charge $500 over MSRP. I finally bought from Weseloh Honda in San Juan Capistrano. It's a 75 minute drive from the South Bay, but I saved $500. If you do go to Weseloh, DON'T go to a guy named "Bob" (didn't get his last name)-he likes to throw the fact that they already sell the van at MSRP and you as a customer should be thankful that he's even selling you the van.

Go to "J.R." instead. He's pretty cool and a much better personality-wise. Let me know if you have any other questions.

Good luck!

[This message has been edited by odyman (edited 12-17-2001).]

1 - 5 of 5 Posts