Honda Odyssey Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Maybe I've just completely missed it, but is there any place where I can find the dealer cost for accessories? Thanks.

[This message has been edited by bennionjd (edited 01-23-2002).]

·
Registered
185 Posts
Hi ben,

There are a number of sites that show you invoice but not dealer costs. I don't think they'll do that.

I just bought an 02 Toyota Tacoma from my brother in law and can tell you that the dealer cost is different than invoice.

Thanks,
Errol

------------------
Keohi Web Design
Keohi HDTV

·
Registered
1,846 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by bennionjd:
Maybe I've just completely missed it, but is there any place where I can find the dealer cost for accessories? Thanks.
</font>
Consumer Reports but it costs US$12 for the first report and US$10 for the second.

<font size=-5><font color="#dedfdf"><center>

[This message has been edited by Maugham (edited 01-23-2002).]

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I just checked with Consumer Reports and they said that they don't supply info on aftermarket (dealer installed) equipment. They say the reason is that each dealder sets his own price. They should all still pay the same cost for the items, right? That info has got to be out there somewhere.

[This message has been edited by bennionjd (edited 01-23-2002).]

·
Registered
1,846 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by bennionjd:
I just checked with Consumer Reports and they said that they don't supply info on aftermarket (dealer installed) equipment. They say the reason is that each dealder sets his own price. They should all still pay the same cost for the items, right? That info has got to be out there somewhere.
</font>
I purchased two reports from Consumer Reports about a year ago and they definitely did include the costs and MSRP for all options. Of course, they couldn't include dealer-specific stuff like "paint protection," or aftermarket devices like add-in video, etc..

I just checked the CR site and their <a href="http://www.consumerreports.org/main/detail.jsp?CONTENT%3C%3Ecnt_id=17375&FOLDER%3C%3Efolder_id=17047&bmUID=1011828140236">sample printout</a>, shows the option costs/prices as being divulged.

Regards,

Maugham

1 - 5 of 5 Posts