Honda Odyssey Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What dealer "freebies" have people gotten from Brown's Honda City in Glen Burnie, MD?

We were just told our 2003 Odyssey, on order since July 2002, was stopped by Honda. Apparently, Honda has stopped, for now, making Havasu Blue Metallic.

We do like another color, but I want some dealer "freebies" for the hassle.

Thanks.

·
Registered
38 Posts
How ironic. We bought an HB Ody when Brown's found out at virtually the last minute that our TW Ody would be delayed an extra 6 weeks.

I asked Brown's to throw in a cargo tray and mud flaps because of the mix-up. They agreed to the cargo tray.

We love the HB.

Good luck.

·
Registered
178 Posts
i haven't been real happy with these guys, I've had an Ody on order through them since June, but they never call me with any sort of status, and they don't return my calls unless I leave several messages.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Imref--I had a similar experience. They were not good at returning calls. I finally just starting calling and waiting on hold until they picked up. That usually worked. I will say, though, that they delivered my Ody exactly when the originally said they would.

·
Registered
159 Posts
The solution in Maryland

Folks: have you tried College Park Honda? I got mine there in late August, and I couldn't be happier. Ask for (or email) Jonathan Rundlett, the internet sales manager. He's a very smart and responsive fellow, and best of all, he's a family man and a proud owner of an Ody himself!

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Seems the quality of service is not the same as was once described in these forums. The current internet sales person does not return calls. We had to call to check on the progress only to be told our ordered colors was not available.

IMO, Honda actually encourages terrible dealer service. Because of the way Honda makes/allocates the Odyssey dealers are basically "doing us a favor" by selling us one (at least the dealers act this way). Why does Honda produce the Odyssey the way the do? Anyone know? Can't be simple supply and demand.

Dude, where's my Odyssey?

·
Registered
178 Posts
Ourisman

We just picked up our 2003 EX-L from Ourisman in Laurel, the experience couldn't have been more pleasant. The car was delivered on-time and as promised. The sales person, Erik Hershan, was very easy to deal with.

FWIW, we got a call from Brown's last week that our car would be delivered in a week. They then called us yesterday to let us know that they were wrong, and that we wouldn't get our car until November. Fortunately Ourisman came through.

The $500 under MSRP from Brown's is attractive, but if you can't get the car, it is pretty much useless. From a customer-service stand-point, Ourisman of Laurel was far better to deal with.

·
Registered
159 Posts
Ourisman

I guess we each can have very different experiences sometimes with the same dealership.

I live close to Ourisman in Laurel, so naturally, I thought I'd give them a shot. I emailed and even left a voicemail for the person who was (with emphasis on "was") the internet sales manager. Never heard a thing until a few days after I got my Ody from College Park. I suddenly got this email which, of course, didn't acknowledge my prior attempts to contact them.

To which my emailed reply was "sorry, but the early bird gets the worm." :)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts