Honda Odyssey Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am working with a dealer that is going to sell me our 2002 EX-L-RES at MSRP (haven’t been able to get the –500 some are claiming on this forum ... yet). I’m OK with that.

I also want as many accessories installed by the factory or the dealership so that they will all be covered by the full 3-36 (longer if I opt for the extended Honda Care) warranty, not just 12 months if I install them myself. When I went over the list of accessory items I want on the van with the dealer, many of which are now thankfully part of the L or RES packages, and asked him for pricing, he threw out MSRP figures. On the final list that I gave him so he could place the order for our 2002, I attached printouts of H&As prices as reference and asked how his prices compared. He said his prices were “comparable”.

Going down my original list (before there was an L or RES package) & pricing it out at MSRP and at H&As prices(not including S&H), there was about a $1K difference. I asked the dealer if he would install the parts if I bought them from H&A & he said he would, but that I probably wouldn’t save any money going this route because, by the time I pay S&H, and full labor costs, I might actually go in the hole. According to him, accessories purchased from the dealer are installed at a discounted labor fee during the prep of a new vehicle.

Has anyone ever heard of anything like this before?
---------------------------------------------’90 4Runner – great, but inadequate for a family of 5
’86 Civic – bye, bye my little old friend
’02 GG Odyssey EX-L-RES w/all the fixings – hello, my new best friend

tnuckels

·
Registered
134 Posts
I havn't heard of a discounted labor rate. It probably means they have one of their porters install most or all of the accessories instead of a technician. BUT... St. Louis Honda did offer to throw in a cargo tray free, and charge me "dealer cost" on any accessories I wanted.

------------------
If at first you don't succeed...so much for skydiving.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts