Honda Odyssey Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
301 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I am reviewing my receipt and for the oil change it states to change using either 5w-20 or 5w-30 but it does not show any part numbers for the oil. Asked my service rep and he said that they most likely just made a typo and that the correct oil was used.

This is complete BS no? Shouldn't they list the part number of the oil used to prove what was used? If the guy put in 5w-30 when my van calls for 0w-20 WTF. Car has 6,000 miles on it and I don't want to start off my first oil change with the wrong oil.

Besides having the oil changed, again, what else can I do? Dealer is too far away from me to make it worth a trip, I only went to the dealer I bought car from for this first service because it was free and I had many items fixed. I figured since I bought from them I would get a better response to my requests. They had to repaint a panel on my car and they did so without any issue, so it was worth the all in one visit.

Thanks

·
Registered
395 Posts
I think it it perfectly legitimate for you to ask them to change the oil again to what is stated in the owner manual, although the difference between 0W20 and 5W20 may mostly affect gas mileage and will not damage your car.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts