Honda Odyssey Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
252 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My wife broke the driver mirror off backing out of the garage so I right away went to a couple popular online Honda dealers for a replacement. List is about $276 but one online Honda dealers had them for $177. Just on a whim I called my local dealer and asked if they could match the online price and they said no problem as long as it is a Honda dealer and I bring in a printout out of the price. They took a $100 off the price and I am getting it today. If I would have called before noon, I could have picked it up later in the day yesterday. Best part was I actually paid less because there is no shipping charge ($9-12) by picking it up. Next time you need a part, give this a try. I was quite surprised they immediately said "no problem".

·
Registered
3,115 Posts
Great for Chicago.

Not here in Omaha NE, I have tried it and it does not work.
Local dealers do not match internet prices.
So it varies from dealer to dealer.

·
Registered
1,196 Posts
My dealer also matched the on line price (got really close if you consider shipping) on my passenger mirror, found it was broken in the parking lot. The dealer got it in in two days and I picked itup. They have also matched on ATF fluid. You do have to ask and know the price range to make it reasonable.

·
Super Moderator
1,219 Posts
My wife broke the driver mirror off backing out of the garage so I right away went to a couple popular online Honda dealers for a replacement. List is about $276 but one online Honda dealers had them for $177. Just on a whim I called my local dealer and asked if they could match the online price and they said no problem as long as it is a Honda dealer and I bring in a printout out of the price. They took a $100 off the price and I am getting it today. If I would have called before noon, I could have picked it up later in the day yesterday. Best part was I actually paid less because there is no shipping charge ($9-12) by picking it up. Next time you need a part, give this a try. I was quite surprised they immediately said "no problem".
Which Chicagoland Honda dealer was it?

·
Registered
193 Posts
Parts departments in cities with multiple dealers are usually pretty competitive. They just want the volume and the traffic to their dealership.

Monopoly dealers where they "own the town" view parts as a profit center to be squeezed hard.

·
Registered
252 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Which Chicagoland Honda dealer was it?
Rosen Honda - Gurnee. Chris in the parts department helped me.

When he brought up the part on the order screen I saw the 'cost' was $150 so they still made money and probably figured $27 is better then nothing considering I was going order it online if not close to online price.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts