Honda Odyssey Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone attempted to get dealer quotes through Hondacars.com? I requested quotes from several dealers and nobody responded. I didn't really expect it to be as easy as firing off an email, but I had hoped to get at least a general idea of who was interested in my business.

Thanks!

------------------
01 Nissan Frontier SE CC
02 GG/MB? EX (Soon)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
120 Posts
Have you tried going through Carpoint? I got a pretty good response when I tried it, but maybe it's different in other areas.


------------------
'02 MB EXL-RES on order... woo!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
530 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Junior Samples:
Have you tried going through Carpoint?</font>
I went to Carpoint, that was my worst quote, $2000 above MSRP
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
120 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by moose:
I went to Carpoint, that was my worst quote, $2000 above MSRP</font>
How many dealers responded? I got four, and they all pretty much had the same price -- MSRP or a few hundred under.



------------------
'02 MB EXL-RES on order... woo!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
46 Posts
although no one sells below msrp, I see dealers giving good value for trade-in. I traded my Honda accord and probably lost about $300.00, made a deal over the phone in a small town in NC. I went to Honda site put in the name of various cities and started to call them, some were rude, some good. The smart ones have realised that the supply have increased so are doing everything to make a sale, my opinion by end of year you will see 1k+ below msrp as most would be ody. customers will be otherwise looking at new honda models like pilot-x, new accord or the SUV.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
31 Posts
Another option to try is similar to the above poster. Go to the Honda website and print out the list of dealers in your area. Write a cover letter with what you are looking for and price and start faxing it to all the dealers you are willing to drive to.

This is a step recommended by Fighting Chance http://www.fightingchance.com/index.asp

The man that runs the site is really helpful. We bought his info when we bought our Camero. I went to buy the info on the Odyssey and he called me and said he couldn't take my money as most were selling at MSRP or right around there. We used some of his tips and info to know the games some dealers play.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Well, I tried carpoint AND hondacars yesterday (different dealers) and got immediate responses from both. One came in at MSRP with a few extras, the other about $400 over MSRP with no extras. We went to visit the MSRP dealer and ended up putting a deposit on an MB EX (due late March). The deposit is fully refundable, so I'm not done looking (and therefore negotiating). So...we're one step closer!

------------------
01 Nissan Frontier SE CC
02 MB EX (Soon)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
33 Posts
I tried using the Honda site at one point as well. The response suggested that my local dealer in Asheville, Apple Tree, would contact me. No way. Of course I went in to talk to them - telling them that I was interested in an Odyssey EX at MSRP tops with no options. The salesman never even bothered to follow up. I guess they can still sell all they can get so the attitude remains in some places.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
46 Posts
The supply has increased and dealers are now dealing, I am in the market for ody. since past 2 months, I was insulted few times, but now I am having lot of dealers call me and actually offering to pay my trade off (no negative) infact I made a deal and backed off not 2 but 3 times as some one else is offering me more. I feel bad doing this to salesmen giving deposit and backing off, but come to think they did'nt feel bad selling at MSRP.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
530 Posts
I gave my credit card to a dealer today for a Red with leather and nav. I told them I would only pay 500 under MSRP or $30190. I thought it would go through, but they rejected it. I will try another dealer tomorrow. BTW, if I didn't have to wait until early May, I would have gladly paid MSRP.
 
1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Top