Honda Odyssey Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone. I live in San Jose, CA, and am in the market for an '02 Odyssey. I know that if I go to any local dealers, I'll have to pay hand over fist, well beyond MSRP, to get one. Can anyone recommend a dealer to buy from?

·
Registered
16 Posts
I recommend dealing with the fleet manager, rather than a sales person, wherever you go. I have been very happy with my experience at Menlo Honda in Redwood City, CA. Kent Lee is the Fleet Manager I have been working with. 650-364-1011

·
Registered
10 Posts
Before going out of state, you might check with Robertson Palmdale Honda http://www.robertsonshonda.com/contact.html
They frequently deliver Odysseys to customers in the Bay area for a small fee (to cover their airfare home), and their prices are hard to beat in California. The internet salesman, Jim Maze, is also terrific to deal with.

See the other thread in this forum titled "Good Dealer in L.A. or Orange County". According to forum member "Ody", he believes a group discount may be possible on 2002s. Good luck.

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the tip RainMeister. Have you dealt with Robertson's before?

·
Registered
11 Posts
We got our 2001 EX Ody from Unicars Honda in Palm Desert at http://www.unicarshonda.com/ and dealt with Jesse Gamez. Placed a $500 deposit using a credit card in mid March to supposedly get delivery by first week of May, Jesse called us on April 19th and took delivery on the 20th at MSRP as agreed. Added some options like mud guards and cargo tray at below MSRP. Everything went pretty smooth with no pressure to add optional equipment. I would check them out and see if they can deliver the vehicle to your area otherwise you will have to travel to the Palm Springs area.
Good luck!

------------------
2k+1 SS EX

·
Registered
10 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by odylicious:
Thanks for the tip RainMeister. Have you dealt with Robertson's before?</font>
See my post in the other thread re: Southern Cal dealers. After another aggravating visit to a local L.A. area Honda dealer, I returned home to find an email offer from Jim Maze. I called him and closed the sale over the telephone in 15 minutes. Two days later, I picked up my Odyssey. This is when Jim told me about his frequent sales to Bay area customers. Next to my purchase several years ago of an Infiniti, this was by far my best dealer experience.

·
Premium Member
2,140 Posts
I too bought my '01 DEP from Jim Maze at Robertson Palmdale. Had a good experience, no hassle. Paid MSRP.

They are like the 4th largest volume Honda dealer in the US (or something like that).
I priced all around the bay area for an '01, and the best I could find was $500 over MSRP locally, and there would have been a waiting list. So, to save $500 and get the vehicle immediately, I went to Palmdale. It was a drive, but worth it to me.

Robertson Palmdale sells 80% of its Ody inventory to the SF Bay, go figure... Almost all of them are cash deals too!

-SJ

p.s.- Jim will drive your van up to you in San Jose for $125 if you don't want to drive down. I also talked to the finance manager there; he flys a private plane and has flown up customers for a fee of ~$500. He told me this when I was signing the paperwork. Funny.

------------------
DEP '01 EX no-navi

[This message has been edited by shinjohn (edited 09-11-2001).]

·
Registered
564 Posts
You can come up to Davis. University Honda sells the '02s for MSRP. They try to stick you with $800 worth of interior and exterior protectant, but with enough talking, you can get that taken off.

- Darell

------------------
"Some people say you can't take it with you. I'm taking it with me." - Steve Marin
Future: 2002 EXL-NAV, TW (with RES wanted!)
Current: 2001 Civic EX, silver
Leaving: 2001 Volvo V70 T5, white/graphite

·
Registered
564 Posts
Well, I'd like to take back what I said about University Honda. They sell the cars at MSRP plus the mandatory $800 Beauty Seal. "No exceptions" I'm told, though they made an exception for me since I just bought my Civic there.

I've referred several folks to the dealership, only to have them come back and complain to me about the Beauty Seal deal. I spoke with my salesperson, and she won't budge...so I'm taking BACK my recommendation. If you're not busy, call them up and tell them why you are NOT buying a $30,000 vehicle from them.

- Darell

------------------
"Some people say you can't take it with you. I'm taking it with me." - Steve Marin
Future: 2002 EXL-NAV, TW (with RES wanted!)
Current: 2001 Civic EX, silver
Leaving: 2001 V70 T5 - White w/ graphite leather

·
Registered
5 Posts
We bought our Ody (2000) from Capitol
Honda in San Jose, BUT, it was through
the Technology Credit Union Car Buying
Service.

http://www.techcu.com/autocenter/index.html

After calling MANY dealers, we called
Tech CU and their price just above MSRP
was by far the lowest. You don't even have
to me a credit union member to use the
service.

Other credit unions such as Patelco also
have car buying services. I would recommend
them.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Lot's of good information in this thread for Northern California. Since no one said anything about Menlo Honda, here's the scoop. They are selling over MSRP, but less than a lot of places in this area. So that's pretty good. The only thing is, the wait list is pretty extensive and you won't get one for two or three months.

Still hunting for that MSRP place!

·
Registered
18 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by odylicious:
Hi everyone. I live in San Jose, CA, and am in the market for an '02 Odyssey. I know that if I go to any local dealers, I'll have to pay hand over fist, well beyond MSRP, to get one. Can anyone recommend a dealer to buy from?</font>

We sell at MSRP. The catch is that we are not allowed to sell outside of Santa Cruz county in the first 24 hours an Ody is available to take care of the local customers that have kept the dealership in business over the years. AND we do not take deposits, we will sell you a car only when we have one available, never lie about one coming, You get the DMV paperwork and VIN# at the time of sale. I wish everyone good luck with their searches.

------------------
Tim Leibel
Ocean Honda Chevrolet
Capitola, CA

·
Registered
2,151 Posts
Some of you might want to check out Anderson Honda in Palo Alto(http://www.andersondirect.com).

They're address is:
Anderson Honda
1766 Embarcadero Road
Palo Alto, CA 94303

Ask for Sharon. She's a great sales lady. She really took care of my Aunt when she purchased her Ody. Great customer service. You can also get quotes online from andersondirect.com if you just want to get a quick quote. If you would like to contact her, here's her direct line: 650-843-6069. CIAO!

·
Registered
7 Posts
If you don't mind driving about 3 hours, I would suggest Blair Morrow Internet Sales at Elk Grove Honda ([email protected]). I did all my communicating via email and didn't step into their dealership until the day I picked up the van. I had driven the van at other dealers and knew I wanted the ody and what color I wanted. You'll pay MSRP with no markup but you'll probably have a wait depending on the color. I was a little nervous at first because this was the first car I had ever ordered but everything went very smoothly. You can check out my story by searching for "Elk Grove" in this forum.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Anderson direct quoted MSRP +$1500.

I bought my Isuzu Rodeo from Anderson, but will pass on the Honda at that price.

JCPZero

1 - 18 of 18 Posts