Honda Odyssey Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We wanted an EX-L with Nav in rrp, but decided on just EX-L in RRP.

I was told that this was coming in tuesday (today). I get the call this morning that it is just an EX and they can add the leather. We asked about the heated seats and he wasn't sure and will call back.

Has anyone had the leather installed by the dealer and happy with it?

Has anyone heard of them installing the heated seats afterwards?

Should I run?

Thanks!

OddGrinch

·
Registered
26 Posts
I was looking for an EX-L as well and received the same offer from a few dealers. The down side (if it is one) is that the vehicle VIN number will identify as an EX, so you'll have to make sure everything is documented properly for insurance. On the up side, I was told that I would have a lot more color options available, and the heated seats are no problem. I would ask to see an example of the workmanship, and make sure you can walk away from the deal if you don't like the final product.

·
Registered
131 Posts
I have seen the work done by "Classic Soft Trim" and it is superb. They will also install the heated seats too...

Until Honda started adding factory leather to the Odys' all of them were sent to classic soft trim (at least around here). They are a national chain...

------------------
2002 EXL-RES Redrock Pearl

2001 Chevy 2500HD crewcab 4x4

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks everyone!

We decided to pass.. plus the dealer wanted to charge more for the seat heaters!

OddGrinch

·
Registered
39 Posts
I have the CST leather in my 2000. Installation was well done and it looks like factory. But... I would be concerned about the side air bags and I hear the factory leather seats for 2002 have a more sculpted shape than the flat cloth seats.

------------------
00 Ody EX (17K)
90 Sable wagon (168K)
89 Cougar (205K!)
67 Sunbeam Alpine (??K)
52 Ford Flathead V8(72K)

·
Registered
24 Posts
Classic Soft Trim has put gray leather in our 1999 Ody Ex. The fit and finish is ABSOLUTELY incredible. Though, we overlooked the heated seats. The seats do warm by our body heat when we sit in them for like 2mins or more.

Hmm, Our 1997 Camry XLE V6 came fully loaded but, stupid TOyota didn't put illuminated vanity mirrors. They also don't have heated seats on the CAmry with factory [email protected]!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts