Honda Odyssey Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Last week, I gave the Honda dealer in my town a $500 deposit to be put on a "waiting list" for an 02 GG EX-L (for MSRP). They're saying three months, but also say that it could be less (they're saying 3mos. just to be safe, they say). I LOVE THIS VAN!
Anyways, I was snooping around at Dealernet, and found that a dealer a few towns away (there are several other dealers in my area) had an EX. So I called. It was not an "EX-L," but I spoke to the Sales Manager, and he said that he'll be getting a GG EX-L by the end of March. They also charge MSRP, but he also said that they "throw in" roof rack cross rails, wheel locks, mud flaps and a cargo tray. The first dealer said that they don't "throw in" any extras. I had asked, after seeing some posts here from people who had some dealers do this (consolation for having to charge MSRP, I guess).
ANYWAYS.......My dilemma is, do I order from this second dealer and pull my deposit from the first? Should I call the first dealer back and tell him of the other's offer?
I fear that my first dealer will get in the van of my dreams the day after I go elsewhere... What to do, what to do...
Any words of advice from the ODY CLUB?
-Carol

·
Registered
368 Posts
Does "throw in" mean they add it on whether you want it or not and charge you an outrageous price for the add ons, or does it mean they include these options for "free". You better make sure.....

·
Registered
530 Posts
I would do what is in your best interest. Is it ethical to put a deposit at the second dealer and take the first one that is available? If you want to travel to NY, the dealer gives $500 off MSRP. I think that is about 65 to 75 miles from Milford CT. I also found some Granite Green with leather around the NJ area last week that were available, probably gone by now though.

·
Registered
61 Posts
FWI...while ody was having 1st oil change at 6900 miles, was talking to sales person about delivery, prices, etc. seems that if they occasionaly receive more than their monthly alotment, they discount $1000 off msrp. Some leather enteriors are scarce (long wait?), and RES models really scarce due to high demand.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts