Honda Odyssey Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Once, next day after an oil change at a Firestone shop, I found a mouse in my van. Well, actually I found the mouse itself when I caught it in a trap another next day. But before that I found explicit evidences like shredded paper towels, a box with chewed corners and the waste. At the time I didn't have any dark thoughts about the shop. Oh well, a mice got into a car while it was "abandoned" for a workday in a garage in some industrial area. It can happen. Nothing is wrong with that. Luckily or hopefully, it didn't do any damage. And I almost forgot about the incident until recently I overheard a "confession" of a mechanic that they have a number of tricks "to teach their customers some manners". And putting a rat into the car was one of them. So I remembered "my" mouse right a way, and now am wondering whether I became a subject of a vendetta? Is such kind of customer treating really practiced at all? If yes, I probably should try to recall what it could be that I did wrong that day?

What do you think, could it be the case or just a coincidence?

PS: Well, not exactly a dealer but, it doesn't really matter. Does it?

·
Registered
606 Posts
Mice are crafty and can fit through very small crevices. I would not blame the shop unless you have reason to. They don't likely have a box of mice to put in cars, they are busy and that sort of thing will get someone fired.

·
Registered
7,325 Posts
Dirkdaddy said:
....They don't likely have a box of mice to put in cars, they are busy and that sort of thing will get someone fired....
Yes, if the mouse doesn't do his job, it's out on the street, with no severance pay! Those evil dealers.

Just trying to lighten the mood.:)

Seriously, Marakutava you're more likely to have a dealer not do something you requested than have them actually go to the pains to craft that type of plan. On another humorous note, when I replaced the timing belt on my wife's Accord, I noticed that the previous owner had deposited a heaping helping of those Mouse D-Con pellets behind the alternator....hmmmmmm.

OF

·
Registered
6,074 Posts
spacecst4now said:
At least the mouse did not chew through one of your wiring harnesses
Which is so common, Honda has their own special anti-rodent tape to wrap harnesses and wire in.

·
Registered
606 Posts
New Dad New Van said:
Which is so common, Honda has their own special anti-rodent tape to wrap harnesses and wire in.
Yes, and the use of non-Honda anti-rodent tape, rodent traps and poison may void your warrenty! :rolleyes:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts