Honda Odyssey Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Took my '04 Odyssey to the dealer for the air bag recall. They noticed that the third brake light was out and wanted $52 to replace it.

:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

I did a quick search and it doesn't look hard to replace, so I'll do it myself.

Just wanted to share an amusing story.

·
Registered
372 Posts
Be careful removing the plastic cover over the screw. Very easy to snap the tab that holds it in place. Yes, very easy to swap the bulb.

·
Registered
953 Posts
Be careful removing the plastic cover over the screw. Very easy to snap the tab that holds it in place. Yes, very easy to swap the bulb.
My tab finally broke and I used a little RTV to keep in in place now.

·
Registered
452 Posts
Usually, I spray the "red tab", with windex, or wd40, and pry gently away. Just changed mine. Went from the
OEM bulb, to LED. (much brighter, but only lasted 1 1/2 yr.). So, Amazon, got a new one, that "flashes 3 times, then goes to red). Hopefully, this will, avoid having someone rear end me. California, allows 3 flashes.
Some of these bulbs flash 5 times. Not legal in CA. Will see how long this one lasts!

Yep, the generation 2, vans, were cheap, Only 1, bulb for the high mount. And 1 bulb each for side brake lights.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
About this Discussion
3 Replies
4 Participants
lozawa
Honda Odyssey Forum
Odyclub community is the #1 forum to discuss all things Honda Odyssey: minivans, safety, service maintenance, mods, and more.
Full Forum Listing