Honda Odyssey Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello! Owner of Honda 07 Odyssey Touring. --de paxing finally --

I have found at my local Acura dealer 2012 Acura 17" TL take off rims. They would also sell me TPMS sensors (MDX or TL I think they said, however after reading I understand I need it to be part #06421-S3V-A04). I know the 5x120 bolt pattern will line up. He said he could also sell me tires if I wanted, but to figure out my size. After reading, I am seeing that people recommend that I use a tire with a load rating of 102 or higher. Is that still current consensus?

Also, I have seen people post two different size tire recommendations for 17" rims (all different brands acura, honda, etc...) 245/50/17 and 235/60/17. Is either size better than the other for any reason (keeping in mind my rims will be the 2012 Acura TL 17")?

I am thinking the lug nuts will match up. They offered to put it all together and mount it to my van and balance it, etc... I couldn't be more happy, and am hoping things go smoothly. Looking at $1400 total for everything - installation, rims, tires, sensors, balance and mounting, tax.... (based on me selecting tires that cost $135/ea).

Thanks a million!
june pascal

·
Registered
47 Posts
The only people that have to worry about lug nuts are the 2005-06 owners. Personally, I'd go with the 235/60/17 both for comfort-related reasons and because your speedo will be off by 5% with the 50s.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts