Honda Odyssey Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone attempted to debadge their new van yet?

Specifically I am trying to determine how the "H" and the "ODYSSEY" emblems are attached on the tailgate... studs or glue?

I don't want to start trying to pry them off only to be left with gaping through holes in the sheet metal.

·
Registered
117 Posts
Only badge I am aware of is the H on the rear tail. It was stolen off our 06' and there were no holes. I would hope Honda would keep this as the H badge is high on the theft list. Debadging is a preventative measure to theft I guess.

JD

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Ok, if I'm interpreting this drawing and parts list correctly it looks like the "H" is indeed secured with two through-hole clips while the "ODYSSEY" and "TOURING" badges are just glued on.

I'm going to try and remove the ODYSSEY badge tonight...
Wish me luck :)

·
Registered
632 Posts
How about removing the H too?

·
Registered
632 Posts
The chrome plate garnish doesnt go with the flow either. It needs the red/clear Touring plate garnish to complete the look.

·
Registered
130 Posts
How about removing the H too?
If the H isn't there, someone might think you are driving a new Grand Cherokee or Durango...

·
Registered
739 Posts
H-badge has tabs, the Odyssey badge was the most difficult I had ever taken off, don't know why... heated it, fish wired it, total mess.

·
Registered
427 Posts
The chrome plate garnish doesnt go with the flow either. It needs the red/clear Touring plate garnish to complete the look.
Funny, because the old Touring 05-10 had the fake chrome plate to signify it was a touring, now they do it the reverse way on the 2011..

·
Registered
427 Posts
Ok, if I'm interpreting this drawing and parts list correctly it looks like the "H" is indeed secured with two through-hole clips while the "ODYSSEY" and "TOURING" badges are just glued on.

I'm going to try and remove the ODYSSEY badge tonight...
Wish me luck :)
The H on the back is attached with adhesive tape just like the Odyssey and Touring badges. The other badges use adhesive tape, not glue.

The H has 2 clips that insert into plastic grommets. They take about 30 seconds to pull off. Very easy if you have the right tools.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
The H on the back is attached with adhesive tape just like the Odyssey and Touring badges.
The H has 2 clips that insert into plastic grommets. They take about 30 seconds to pull off. Very easy if you have the right tools.
So is there holes in the tailgate for the "H"?
I'm confused about the location and purpose of these clips. Are they in addition to the adhesive tape?

·
Registered
29 Posts
Bumping an old thread but I just went out to assess pulling the Ody badge off the rear of my new 2012. I pulled on the corner and to my surprise, I was able to simply pull off the whole badge, no heat, no floss, nothing. It came off completely clean without leaving a trace of adhesive! I have debadged a number of vehicles and this was BY FAR the simplest.

I was a bit concerned to even try after reading a couple of the posts above. Easy peasy though!

·
Registered
328 Posts
That's in Pennsylvania! Panic and Desire always crack me up.

I never thought about the H being stolen a lot. We used to have a Volkswagen that had the badge stolen off it. We replaced it, it was stolen again, we gave up.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts