Honda Odyssey Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
214 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
On page 68 under the Predicted Reliability for new vehicles they use the last 10 yrs to predict how the 2011 models will fare. Under Minivans they don't have the Ody listed period! Weird. Sienna is listed as 45% better than average, Sedona 20% worse, Chysler & Dofge almost 80% worse, etc.

·
Registered
32 Posts
That is odd indeed.

·
Registered
7,788 Posts
Consumer Reports (CR) gets its data from its subscribers, whom they refer to collectively as the Consumers Union (CU). Typically, members fill out surveys on their vehicles, and once they get a meaningful data sample, CR publishes the data.

Since it is an entirely new model, the 2011 Ody has no historical data upon which to base the predicted reliability data. The Sienna carries over enough from the previous year(s) in terms of chassis, powerplant, driveline and systems that I guess that CR feels the data is relevant enough to make predictions.

OF

·
Registered
2 Posts
Consumer Reports

Anyone else notice that the Consumer Reports article on minivan reliability didn't have the Odyssey rated at all and gave top rating to the Sienna?

What's going on there?

·
Registered
7,788 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Consumer Reports

I realize the 2011 is a new model, but shouldn't a reliability figure be based on previous years, so prospective buyers have some idea of what to expect?

·
Registered
7,788 Posts
Not if there's a substantial re-design in every major area.

We'll get to see the data once enough are sold to CU members who return enough ownership surveys.

OF

·
Registered
214 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Don't think there is any change in the drive train, other than the 6 spd in some models.... I thought they predicted good reliability on some models that had substantial changes, but I'll have to check. OTOH, I recall where they recommended the Plymouth Volare based on the Duster and that did not pan out well at all. Don't ask me how I know that, it is embarrassing to admit.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts