Honda Odyssey Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm going to be trying to get an Ody. 2002 in the near future.I will be looking to buy around Dec. and want to know if there are any special offering periods, to look out for. I'm looking to take advantage of any discounts possible. I plan on getting an ex.Leather is not an option because it was hard keeping my Acura Legend in mint condition, not mentioning adding another row of seats and an other child to the picture. I'm torn over the navi because I don't know if it is worth the extra expense. I have never used a navi but it would be nice to have.The res model is out because I would like to add my own custom system. All comments are welcome in helping me make my decision!!! Btw I been watching this forum for a while and have to say that it is great to find such a helpful forum coming from an other great forum http://forums.prod.legend.org/html/

[This message has been edited by Admin (edited 10-16-2001).]

·
Registered
185 Posts
I've been talking to a bunch of dealers and I'll be really surprised if any kind of deal is offered on such a hot car. Around here many dealers consider MSRP to be a bargain price.

It stinks when demand > supply.

·
Registered
234 Posts
The Nav is terrific. I no longer worry about straying into a strange neighborhood. All I have to do when I want to find my way out, is to select my home address, and it will find the closest freeway, and I am on my way home. It will also find restaurants, stores, and service stations. One neat thing, is that it will warn you which side of the road you need to move over to in order to enter the freeway in advance.

As far as pricing is concerned, I didn't mind paying MSRP, as a comparable equipped Chrysler Town and Country MSRP is approximately $37,000 without the Nav system. I could have gotten a couple of thousand off, however I considered the value of the vehicle, as opposed to a discount from MSRP. Drive one if you can find one on the lot. It's a great van.

[This message has been edited by LHOdy (edited 10-16-2001).]

·
Registered
78 Posts
If you're looking to buy in December, you'd be best to start looking very seriously right now. Demand remains much higher than supply and depending on how particular you are about exactly which model you get (EXL vs NAVI vs RES) and exactly which color you get, you may end up waiting a fair amount of time (anywhere from several weeks to several months).

G'luck!

·
Registered
40 Posts
If you are really looking to buy in December I would suggest you put down a deposit now because there are usually waiting lists at dealers you may get lucky as some of are brothers and sisters have and get your Ody early or if you are looking for a deal you could wait until next year when the new Ody plant is up and running and production is up then try to make a deal

·
Registered
7 Posts
Hay whats up rauster 181 u use to be on the legend forums...............

COOL LEGENDSY....

I use to be on those forums also my name there was Legendridaha But after i sold my LEGEND
i kinda moved on..

i am on this forum somtimes to check out what they have to offer for the odyssey and look for parts for my parents car

anyways bro Good luck!

·
Registered
7 Posts
oh yeah also my mom has a 00 odyssey we paid the the tag price and the way i found the LX model and the color i wanted was i went to msn carpoint told them exactly what i am looking for within 5 days a dealer in nevada contacted me and said they have one exactly what i am looking for. it was for someone who ordered but could never come up with the money, so my mom paid all cash for hers and she got the base price. I think it was Priceline who had it no msn car point.

also nevada odys are califonia emissions so there is no problem doing emission or nothing...

Good luck finding your car..

here is pic of my legend when i use to have it

http://phatboysauto.50megs.com/images/acura.jpg

[This message has been edited by legendridaha (edited 10-17-2001).]

1 - 11 of 11 Posts