Honda Odyssey Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Shopping cart attacked the ody!!
Ody came away with 3 or 4 small dings on the drivers sliding door (and tailgate!)- no paint damage.
Looks like a job for the Dent Wizard... Has anyone used them before with good results or is this a jog for the body shop?

------------------
~~~
Bob

[This message has been edited by 2001aRoadOdyssey (edited 12-13-2001).]

·
Registered
86 Posts
I have used paintless dent repair (PDR) with great results. It is less than repainting, but it is still not cheep. Still the best way to go.

P

·
0 Posts
I have used them on my Civic. Great results. They couldn't completely get the big one out, so that's a bummer, but it certainly looks better. It was also fairly inexpensive. Go for it!

Michelle

------------------
  • 2002 RRP EXL-RES
  • 1995 Honda Civic DX Coupe
  • 1990 Chrysler LeBaron Convertible
  • 1987 Honda Civic Sedan
  • 1986 Toyota LE Van
  • 1967 Honda Dream

·
Registered
254 Posts
just had a big one taken out of the passenger side fender last week. can not even tell now.

------------------
2000 lx,fern grey,remote starter, single disc cd player,roof rack with cross rails, bra, hidden hitch,csa 5 spoke alloy wheels,15% film over oem privacy glass and artic alpine tires on the oem steel wheels.

·
Registered
138 Posts
I had Dent Wizard repair a dent on my ody's left front fender and they did an excellent job. It took only half an hour to repair it.

They will repair it as long as there is no paint damage on the dent.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks for all your feedback! I found 2 more shopping cart dents done on the tailgate
however the store where we were parked has agreed to pay for all the repairs
I have got 3 estimates (Dent Wizard and 2 body shops) Dent Wizard claims they can take them out for $650 and it's free if I'm not satisfied. The body shops want $1,400 to $1,800! The plan is to try the dent wizard first and escalate to the body shops in case they fail.

·
Registered
128 Posts
$650?? How many dents are we talking about? Unless this is hail damage that estimate is way too high. Usually the fee is like $80 for the first dent in a panel and $50 or so for other dents in the same panel. Get another estimate from a different place - there are more places than Dent Wizard. Each dealership has someone come to do their cars so call around and see who else will give you a better price.

Scott

·
Registered
254 Posts
the dent wizard seems really high. i would think $150.00 at the most to repair the dent. if you can not find that kind of price in seattle, let me know, and i will set it up in vancouver.

------------------
2000 lx fern grey with mods

·
Registered
239 Posts
I paid $70 to have a medium dent fixed on the slider few months ago. I think $650 is way too much for dent removal too. Are you talking about body repair job ?
Anyway, better check your yellow page for other dent repair shops.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
The store that owns the reckless shopping cart is picking up the tab so I'm not as concerned with the price as I am with the quality. Dent wizard claims they can restore it to factory condition and preserve the original paint. They may be overpriced however does anyone know if they are worth it? (I'd like to go to the best shop in my area) I'd be happy to check out another paintless dent removal shop - could be useful to find a more reasonable shop for future needs if the quality is good as well. btw: there are about 5 small dents in a vertical line on the sliding door and 2 good size dings on the tailgate - one above the handle and one below.

·
Registered
185 Posts
Hi bob,

Sorry about the accident. Based on the damage, sounds like an "Attack of the Killer Carts". Hope this place is not anywhere near where I live.

$650 still sounds steep to me but if the dings are bad enough, then perhaps it's in line with the current price. I've been quoted $50-$100 before depending on the severity and location of the ding.

Hope you get them fixed to your satisfaction.

Thanks,
Errol

------------------
Keohi Web Design
Keohi HDTV

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Follow up:
Good news, The Dent Wizard got all the dents out (good as new) and the store's insurance company is sending a check for the full amount.

·
Registered
103 Posts
My 2 cents in regard to Dent Wizard. These guys did an excellent job of removing a door dent from my Odyssey recently. I was very impressed, you cannot even tell that there was ever dent.

·
0 Posts
2001aRoadOdyssey said:
...however the store where we were parked has agreed to pay for all the repairs...
The same thing happened to me at Home Depot. The only difference was the fact that they wouldn't pay for it. They claim they are not responsible for shopping cart damage:( . I still haven't fixed mine yet, but thanks for all the info. I'm just waiting for more dings:D before I get it done (it's bound to happen).

·
Registered
32 Posts
Dent Wizard charges are on a per ding basis so unless the dings overlap you don't gain anything by waiting for more to happen before you have them fixed.

btw: West Hills Honda gave us a coupon good for free dent removal when we got the Navi.:)

·
Registered
73 Posts
Please help me out here. I've never heard of Dent Wizard. Where do I find such a thing? Is this the name of a store? Or a product? Do they exist in New York?

FWIW, my Dad backed his Plymouth into the front fender of my ODY. :( (It makes me crazy because I take such pains to not park near other cars in parking lots, etc. Now, I can't park in front of my Dad's house either).

Anyway, he put a big bend into the fender, but the paint is unharmed. This sounds like a job for Dent Wizard...

Bryan

1 - 18 of 18 Posts