Honda Odyssey Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Guys,
I'm looking to sell a set of BMW X5 rims with tires, 5 x 120mm.
Tires are 255/55-18, 2 are fairly worn and 2 have plenty of life left...You could probably sell them to a used tire shop to help recoup some of your money.
For an Ody, 235/55-18 are the optimum size.
Rims are straight and clean.
Located in Greenville, SC.
Prefer local pick-up.
$375 for all 4.

Lou.

·
Registered
606 Posts
Lou,

what's the offset on those? Are they going to fit over the hub the way the stock ones do?

They look nice, would you ship?

·
Registered
606 Posts
Lou

PM sent days ago. waiting...

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Dirkdaddy said:
Lou

PM sent days ago. waiting...
Apologize for that.

I can't find specific offset information, the closest I can find is this.
It shows the offset on these wheels is typically between 45mm and 35mm, which puts it right in the ballpark. Actually more like right in the infield. :D
The Honda caps fit but are a little loose, I was going to bend out the tabs to tighten them up and dab a couple of spots of RTV as insurance. If you look at the Wheels and Tires sub-forum there are a couple of people that say they're using these wheels but I haven't been able to get any pics.
If you want pics I can mount one side on my van and take pics, won't be able to give opinions on tire rub, though, because it has 255/55 instead of the suggested 235/55 tires.

I was really hoping for a local sale but you've shown the most interest so far...Do you have suggestions on shipping? I've never shipped wheels and tires as one, wouldn't they have to be boxed?

Lou.

·
Registered
346 Posts
Best shipping advice:
tirerack.com under returns section, how to package.
Next best point - strip off tires if they're junk and then box the wheels once wrapped with protection. Saves 1/2 the weight and reduces size. Your local tire shop has empty boxes and wrap from wheels they sell. Extra hassle, but you save probably 120 pounds taking off the dead rubber and this alone is probably worth $50 freight on the set. Then, you can sell the rubber locally, or you can just cut them off with a sawzall if they're junk. Discuss with buyer.

·
Registered
606 Posts
Sounds good to me to leave rubber there.

UPS and Fedex Ground do heavy shipping. So does Greyhound but have not used them. Packaging like was said would be available at a wheel shop for free or a box of doughnuts.

Once they are packaged you can get estimate via web from shippers. I'd double box or something like that, and insure them.

Can you PM me some closeup pictures and if you have BMW caps just let me know I could work some logo swap or something.

·
Registered
606 Posts
Oh and I read your door lock override - that must have been a hassle for you to scratch that itch! Good tech info. My last van the power thing broke years ago and I just cut the cable and used it manually, this is a bit of a trip having them powered.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Not to butt in but wanted to advise on shipping. The best way I have found to ship wheels/tires or anything large or heavy so far has been Greyhound. They have been awesome and WAY cheaper than anybody else. I sold a cowl hood off of a Trans Am and could not find anybody that would ship it for less than $500, FedEx and UPS just refused to do it at all. Greyhound shipped it from TX to MA for $58.

On the packing, the best way I have found to ship wheels/tires is to place them individually on a square of cardboard the size of the tire, place another sheet of the same size on top, 45 degrees off from the bottom one, fold the bottom corners up and the top corners down and tape around the outside of the tire and cardboard. I usually shrinkwrap the whole thing too, but I have it handy.

Hope this helps, if not then excuse the interruption.

·
Registered
606 Posts
Well I solve this dilemma by finding a set of the MDX sport wheels up in Dallas and driving up and getting them in person. Sorry for the false lead on the rims, but happy with my purchase. Just have to earn some more $ and get tires. Current tires are OEM and OK but not great and getting loud.:D

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Dirkdaddy said:
Well I solve this dilemma by finding a set of the MDX sport wheels up in Dallas and driving up and getting them in person. Sorry for the false lead on the rims, but happy with my purchase. Just have to earn some more $ and get tires. Current tires are OEM and OK but not great and getting loud.:D
No problem.
I figure shipping is not going to be easy or inexpensive.
I appreciate the help from others in regards to shipping options, though. :)

I did manage to get a couple of crappy phone pics with the X5 rims. I didn't get the side-shot because the tires that are currently mounted are not Ody size.
They do bolt right up, they are 5 x 120mm, but you would still need a taper seat lugnut.
The center cap fits but is loose, I was going to use some RTV to keep the caps in place.

Still looking for $375. Local preferred. If no local interest I'll ship.

Thanks
Lou

1 - 10 of 10 Posts