Honda Odyssey Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm getting ready to make the big swap and it got me to wondering why the system can't be re-flashed to get rid of the "Run Flat Message" that pops up in the display when a tire loses it's pressure.
If you have an EX-L or lower trim, or even a newer Touring where PAX was an option, you don't get this message. I get the feeling that this is one of the reasons that Honda dealers don't want to touch the depax requests. I think that if I had been in on the class action suit, I would've pushed for a depax option from Honda and included this re-flash as part of it.

·
Super Moderator
13,638 Posts
Unless you already have the message on right now, dePaxing won't trigger that message as long as you use the right sensors and the sensors are working correctly and you do not loose tire pressure.

If you do wind up with the message, the dealer can reset it and so can you.

http://www.odyclub.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=66755&highlight=Reset+and+touring+and+tpms

Or, are you saying that once the touring is dePaxed, you want its computer to be flashed so that it never displays that message? I wouldn't understand why one would want that.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hey DV,

It's your second statement is what I'm talking about. My thought is, that after you depax, you don't need or want to receive the message "PAX System Warning - Run Flat Driving". It needs to say something like, "Flat Tire Detected, pull over & stop driving as soon as possible".
I think that this would alleviate some possible confusion in the case where the van may be sold to another person or traded in. If the next person that acquires the vehicle doesn't know about the de-pax or has knowledge about the PAX system, then it could be problematic and potentially hazardous if they think that they can keep driving because they received the "Run Flat Driving" message.

Just a thought.

and remember,
"If your dentures are loose, you may lose them!!!"

1 - 3 of 3 Posts