Honda Odyssey Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have an '05 Touring and want to Depax. I like the '07 18" MDX wheels, but they are hard to come by since so many people use them for this purpose. A close substitute is the Sport Edition TX5 from tirerack.com. Does anyone know if the Honda center cap can replace the "Sport Edition" cap? Obviously, my objective is to have the OEM look. Thanks.

·
Registered
120 Posts
I have an '05 Touring and want to Depax. I like the '07 18" MDX wheels, but they are hard to come by since so many people use them for this purpose. A close substitute is the Sport Edition TX5 from tirerack.com. Does anyone know if the Honda center cap can replace the "Sport Edition" cap? Obviously, my objective is to have the OEM look. Thanks.
The center cap for the Sport Edition TX5 wheels is the same size as the OEM wheels. However, the tabs that hold the center cap in place don't grip anything so it just falls back out. I suppose you can glue the OEM center caps in place. Another forum member that has the TX5 wheels bought Honda logo decals off ebay and stuck the decal over the Sport Edition logo. He posted pictures and looks very good, like OEM quality.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts