Honda Odyssey Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
HELP!!!! I am getting so frustrated with the PAX tires!!! I am one of many people on here who is tired of paying for the PAX tires and want to DEPAX them. I am trying to search high and low about the specifics of how to do it and I am unable to find it. Iam a 2006 touring that I have replaced 3 sets of tires since I got it in 2005. When I call the dealership they give me the run around about how they advise against me depaxing but understand my frustration. I called tirerack and they have an agreement with Honda not to help anybody depax the tires so I have very little information I could go off of. So here I am and hope someone could really help me out.

Based on all I have read and researched it appears that the best thing to do is go out and get a 17" rims if not a 16" rims. If I were to go 16" rims I need to go 235/65/16 but if I were to go with a 17" rims I will need something that could handle a 235/60/17. Now with that said, I found a good deal on a 17" rims so I will probably get that. Now what I am finding out is that both Honda and tirerack is now telling me that I could not use my old TPMS (tire sensor) if I were to get new rims since '06 touring sensor is different then any other sensors that is offered in later models (2007- present EX or LX model) that my dash will have a error code on it the whole time. Can someone please give me what is the real down low on this? Can someone depax there tires? If so, what is it that I will need to do this? Do I need new sensor and if so, what? Can I take the old sensor out and put it in the new rim? Will the old sensor fit in the new rim that I want? And what offset would I need for the rims? This whole process is so confusing and frustrating that I am not wanting to buy another Honda in my life!! And this is saying a lot since I have had Honda my whole life!!! Please help!!!

·
Registered
47 Posts
Check out the sticky posts in the 3rd gen forum. 2005 - 2010 Odyssey

There are two threads there devoted entirely to depax options. I'd recommend just reading through them instead of searching to find every little piece of information you're looking for.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts