Honda Odyssey Forum banner

821 - 829 of 829 Posts

·
Registered
215 Posts
Hi theStig,
Last week, I depaxed my 07 Touring with 2020 Odyssey stock wheels 235-60-18 and Firestone tires.
The wheels look good and the ride feels a lot smoother than the original touring tires.
Took a 240 mile trip this weekend and it worked fine, no issues so far (fingers crossed).
But I believe, with the larger heavier tires fuel economy will take a small hit and also acceleration on the highway.
Good luck with the depaxing :)
It shouldn't have a negative affect, on actual fuel economy or acceleration and in fact will probably help - the PAX system wheels are heavier than conventional wheels.

Your wheel / tire configuration has a larger diameter than what was on the car originally though, and so you will travel ~3.8% further than what the odometer reads (~103.8 miles for every 100 registered by the odometer) and thus you would need to adjust the miles traveled to calculate the actual fuel economy.

·
Registered
2 Posts
It shouldn't have a negative affect, on actual fuel economy or acceleration and in fact will probably help - the PAX system wheels are heavier than conventional wheels.

Your wheel / tire configuration has a larger diameter than what was on the car originally though, and so you will travel ~3.8% further than what the odometer reads (~103.8 miles for every 100 registered by the odometer) and thus you would need to adjust the miles traveled to calculate the actual fuel economy.
Thanks BertS.
I need to purchase the spare tire for this. Do I have to by the spare for the original 2007 touring wheel and tire spec or that will match the new ody 2020 wheels and tires? I am a little confused about this.
Thanks

·
Registered
215 Posts
Thanks BertS.
I need to purchase the spare tire for this. Do I have to by the spare for the original 2007 touring wheel and tire spec or that will match the new ody 2020 wheels and tires? I am a little confused about this.
Thanks
Good question. I Depaxed using 16" wheels and 235/65 R16 tires so my overall diameter didn't change. I found a spare from a GEN 3 at a junk yard and paid about $35 for it. You likely will need to do the same simply so it will fit in the spare tire storage location.

The GEN 3 spare is a T135/80d17 and GEN 4 and 5 use a T165/80d17 which is about 1.2" wider and has a 1.9" larger diameter (27.4" vs 25.5"). I've never looked at it, but I'm pretty sure the larger GEN 4/5 spare won't fit in your storage location.

Hopefully there aren't negative implications of having an extra inch difference in diameter (3.5" vs. 2.5") between the GEN 3 spare and your normal tires.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Hi theStig,
Last week, I depaxed my 07 Touring with 2020 Odyssey stock wheels 235-60-18 and Firestone tires.
The wheels look good and the ride feels a lot smoother than the original touring tires.
Took a 240 mile trip this weekend and it worked fine, no issues so far (fingers crossed).
But I believe, with the larger heavier tires fuel economy will take a small hit and also acceleration on the highway.
Good luck with the depaxing :)
How are they working out?
I'm currently looking a set for my 06 touring I found a set of 2019 and 2020 takeoffs and same tire size, did u reuse the sensors from the touring or the ones from the new wheels?
235/60/18 Bridgestone sensors included.

·
Registered
15 Posts
How are they working out?
I'm currently looking a set for my 06 touring I found a set of 2019 and 2020 takeoffs and same tire size, did u reuse the sensors from the touring or the ones from the new wheels?
235/60/18 Bridgestone sensors included.
Tire size sounds perfect. Have the tire shop retain the existing TPMS sensors and use them.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Hello everyone,
Trying to depax my 08 touring as least expensive way as the value of the van is not much anymore.
I need to know what size/type rims I can use for depax
Also the size of tire depending on the rims size.
Thank you all for your help

·
Registered
290 Posts
Hello everyone,
Trying to depax my 08 touring as least expensive way as the value of the van is not much anymore.
I need to know what size/type rims I can use for depax
Also the size of tire depending on the rims size.
Thank you all for your help
just read everything we posted above...

·
Registered
48 Posts
Well I finally depaxed my baby today
06 touring replaced with 2019 18 inch odyssey rims and new tires. 235/55/r18 $1136 in total for everything, the only concern I have now is I get a growl when braking downhill and my brakes squeal every time I press on em, I'm going to take the wheel off tomorrow and look around the area to see what that noise is, any ideas? Maybe the overtorqued the lug nuts? Bad part was used to old rims and tires that now they're noticeable with new tires? Your response is appreciated,
Below are some pics of the new member of the depaxed club.

Attachments

821 - 829 of 829 Posts