Honda Odyssey Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A local dealership is selling a set of takeoff 2011 Honda Ridgeline wheels. They are 18" wheels. I'm confused as to what size tire would be used for those wheels on my 2006 Odyssey. I looked up the tires for those wheels on tirerack but I wasn't sure if the recommended tires are too wide for the Odyssey? Also, they are throwing in the TMPS sensors along with the wheels and lugnuts. Would these be the sensors I would need or should I just get the old ones off my Pax wheels and use those? Any help would be greatly appreciated!

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Bumping my own thread to say that the recommended tire for this rim is 245/60R18. Will this fit the Odyssey ok? I did a search but couldn't find anything expressly saying this would fit without issues (or not).

·
Super Moderator
13,646 Posts
snfsma said:
Bumping my own thread to say that the recommended tire for this rim is 245/60R18. Will this fit the Odyssey ok? I did a search but couldn't find anything expressly saying this would fit without issues (or not).
You should NOT be looking at the recommended tires for the rim. What you want to do is look up the recommended tire for the Odyssey with 18" and see if the numbers match. FWIW, you should be using the same tire every one else is using who went to the 18" MDX rims and if history serves right, that tire should just fit fine on the new rim you're looking at.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
dvpatel said:
You should NOT be looking at the recommended tires for the rim. What you want to do is look up the recommended tire for the Odyssey with 18" and see if the numbers match. FWIW, you should be using the same tire every one else is using who went to the 18" MDX rims and if history serves right, that tire should just fit fine on the new rim you're looking at.
Thanks for the response. I was confused about how that works. So it seems like most people who have used the 18" MDX rims, have used 235/55/18 or 245/55/18 tires. Hopefully those will work well with this rim.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts